Job description / Role
Technical Storeman - Large Private Estate - Middle East
Excellent career development opportunity with promotion opportunities!
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
START DATE: October 2021 - pending visas and flights
PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• You will be rostered on in one of 3 daily rotating shifts, generally working as part of a technical team where you will be the main point of communication for the team
• Your primary role will be to receive calls about various technical problems, record them using spreadsheets or other software, and communicate them to technicians via email or phone, who are dispatched to resolve the problems
• You should be flexible, willing to help in the maintenance team with non-help Storeman issues, such as moving equipment, performing other administrative duties or helping on other odd jobs, as required
• You must maintain very good communication with your team. Sharing information is key. This role is a team role. You must always assist your team if needed and respond to requests promptly
• Inventory of goods, signing in and out of goods
• Sourcing goods online and in local markets
• Driving to pick up materials, keeping equipment and store rooms in a good clean condition
• The Storekeeper/Handyman is responsible for the safe, secure and efficient operation of the technical storage facilities, all associated buildings, equipment and immediate surroundings (roadways, pavements, gardens, etc.)
• The Storekeeper/Handyman's principal aim shall be to optimise the efficiency of the on-site storage facilities, to create an effective inventory system and ensure stored items are packaged appropriately to minimise degradation
• The Storekeeper/Handyman will report directly to the Senior Technician on duty and support the Technical Department personnel with local purchases and assist with technical works when instructed and as and when required
• The Storekeeper/Handyman will be delegated adequate authority and resources to achieve these goals
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Competence in general management and modern office procedures including word-processing and spreadsheet work.
• Familiarity with basic accounting and book-keeping
• A broad knowledge of private estate operations, facilities management, building maintenance, plant and equipment servicing or having worked in a builders’ merchants would be a distinct advantage
• Fluent English language and other language skills as appropriate
• A positive attitude combined with the ability to communicate fluently with colleagues
No visible tattoos & Non smoker.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.