Technology Consulting Manager
Ernst & Young
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Manager- Technology Consulting- Technology Transformation- KSA
From strategy to execution, the Technology, Media and Entertainment, and Telecommunications (TMT) practice of EY provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our TMT clients quickly adapt to changing markets and economic environments in today's rapid, unpredictable landscape.
TMT companies are the building blocks of transformation and will continue to drive economic recovery and our post-pandemic future. Organizations are racing to solidify a niche in the TMT industry, but as they grow, they must differentiate themselves from their competitors. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation.
Our IT Strategy team is growing rapidly as we continue to be successful in co-creating the technology-enabled business models of the future with our clients. Our IT Strategy work is delivered in collaboration with EY's practices for Enterprise Architecture, Next Generation Technology Operations and Infrastructure. This model enables our Technology Strategist to be highly relevant and "sticky" when serving clients. Our Technology Strategists have the opportunity to:
- Identifying a purposeful "Why" for IT transformations and establish an engaging platform for change
- Developing capability and IT operating models that introduce differentiated performance and innovative ways of delivering technology
- Supporting transactions - on both sides - to accelerate the path to synergies and drive confidence in the transition
- Challenging IT sourcing strategies and move them from cost plays to a foundation for innovation, scalability, and flexibility
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge and experience with leading IT vendors at different IT stack layers (data, app, integration, infra, etc. such as ERP, Oracle SAP, etc.) in addition to hands-on experience with cloud architect and enterprise architecture. The candidate should have consulting experience working with CIOs to cover at minimum the following:
- Setting objectives and strategies for the IT department along with good experience with IT budgets, selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize strategic benefits, designing and customizing technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience, developing and overseeing the IT budget.
- Planning, deploying, and maintaining IT systems and operations, managing the organization's software development needs, developing IT policies, procedures and best practices, managing vendors, contractors and service providers
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree and 10 or more years of related work experience
- Five or more years of experience in at least two categories listed under the business and technology domains:
- Business: Corporate strategy, competitive intelligence, M&A, corporate finance, supply chain, marketing, operations, HR, or internal control
- Technology: Software selection, solution architecture, application development, IT operations, packaged software management: ERP, CRM, WMS, GRC, financial consolidation, etc. cloud solutions, data management and analytics or infrastructure
- Management consulting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise business processes with technology skills
- Knowledge of leading practices, benchmarking, peer company environments and prior advisory experience relevant to industry specific business and technology functions
Ideally, you'll also have
- A degree with emphasis in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, MIS, Mathematics, Operations Science, Process Engineering, Finance or Accounting desired; Master's degree in one of these areas is preferred
- Certifications highly preferred. Example certifications include LEAN IT, Six Sigma, TOGAF, ITIL, PMP/PRINCE2, SAFE Agilist, etc.
- Bilingual preferably
- Take ownership for driving professional growth and leveraging coaching, learning and new experience
- Confidently and authentically present complex messages skillfully, using a variety of media and methods that build excellent relationships based on a trust
- Demonstrate influencing skills that address the varied interests and individual style of others, recognizing people have different sources of motivation and ways to achieve success
- Create a positive team environment, balancing individual initiative with team collaboration and with EY priorities, and encourage people to speak up and express differing views
- Adopt appropriate coaching techniques to meet the various needs of team members
- Assemble the right team to achieve business goals by creating the right mix of skills and the right conditions to work together effectively
- Improve commitment and engagement of team members, while focusing on the achievement of their goals
- Provide constructive feedback tailored to each person's style and environment
- Recommend development activities tailored to each team member's needs and learning style
Resolve competing priorities and resource allocation issues, building collaboration across organizational boundaries
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region