Job description / Role
Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Recognize safety hazards and proactively promote safety, and take personal responsibility to seek out “at risk” behaviors’ and conditions in order to positively contribute to and meet the overall goal of zero incidents.
- Take initiative in contributing towards reducing process hazards and minimizing environmental events.
Process Engineering and Optimizations:
- Provide process engineering expertise and leadership to resolve technology related issues and troubleshooting.
- Promote reliable, cost effective, and productive plant operation technics
- Provide optimization recommendations to increase plant production rate or increase overall profitability
Unit Operations Support:
- Support the various operating units, assisting in the resolution of long-term problems, and advise on enhancements to process parameters to improve quality and efficiency. Contact licensors as appropriate for assistance in resolving complex problems. Support other Technical teams in resolving lingering issues.
- Be fully aligned with the Technical Department’s objectives, to support unit operations to meet business needs, and maintaining company’s competitive edge. Support implementation of strategic goals for the site, as articulated by the management.
- Assist in transferring subject matter expertise to other employees in the department. Establish effective tools and dashboards for use by relevant personnel, with a goal towards continuous operational improvement sitewide. Promote knowlwedge management as well as establishing databases
Process Technology Enhancement:
- Gain knowledge of developments in the key technologies relevant to S-Chem. Assist in assessing their applicability to the operating units. Interact with licensors to identify and document potential improvements, based on local initiatives and operational experience to the mutual benefit of S-Chem, the licensor, and other licensees.
- Be a focal point for energy conservation, energy data collection and fuel usage reduction projects. Accountable for the steam, water, and utility improvement projects for the site
- Work with the Operating Unit staff and the Process and Project Engineering functions to support improvement projects, gain acceptance of optimum solutions, and then work with the parties concerned to ensure effective execution within agreed parameters of time, cost, and quality
- Contribute to the process of continuous improvement in the the company. Provide environmental, health, and safety leadership in maintaining a goal of zero safety, process safety, environmental events.
- Display inclusive spirit among a multi-cultural workforce to maintain harmonious working environment
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years (8 years if the degree is not in Chemical Engineering) experience in Petrochemical or related industries.
- Good understanding of the petrochemical industry; knowledge of one or more process technologies relevant to S-Chem
- Process engineering knowledge
- Ability to interface with multiple functions within S-Chem to solve issues
About the Company
S-Chem is comprised of three legal entities (Saudi Chevron Phillips, Jubail Chevron Phillips, and Saudi Polymers Company). Saudi Chevron Phillips Co. is a large scale benzene production facility in Saudi Arabia. And Jubail Chevron Phillips Co. is an integrated Olefins/Ethylbenzene/Styrene Facility, with Saudi Polymers Company as a world scale facility producing Ethylene, Propylene, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polystyrene and 1-Hexane.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)