Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Technology Roadmapping Strategist to join its Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD), whose mission is to provide high-impact leadership and support across the technology life-cycle, from strategy setting to value realization and sustainable growth, and partner with corporate and business stakeholders to integrate new technologies into the company's strategies and investment plans.
The Technology Roadmapping Strategist is responsible for developing the long-term strategic technology roadmaps to enable the company to meet its business and sustainability goals and objectives. This important role is also responsible for managing technology governance and associated processes.
- Drive the development of long-term technology roadmaps for the Downstream and Upstream businesses in-line with corporate strategies.
- Translate long-term strategic technology roadmaps (Upstream, Downstream, Sustainability) to establish execution plans for R&D programs in order to deliver the target outcomes, i.e. where to focus, and how to develop and deliver the key technologies.
- Successfully drive a structured technology roadmap development process, from start to finish, with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to facilitate engagement and ensure that technology roadmaps are aligned with company goals, focused on the right areas, and executed effectively.
- Facilitate technology governance and roadmap discussions among executive stakeholders.
- Coordinate CEO and senior executive-chaired technology steering committee meetings to enable decision making on key topics, thereby driving the company's R&D programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Business Administration or related disciplines. Master's degree is preferred.
- 10 years of professional experience, including at least five in strategy/business development, product management, and/or technology management.
- Management consulting experience or similar corporate experience is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategy and/or technology roadmaps at a well-established organization.
- A demonstrated background applying financial analysis to quantify value from strategic initiatives.
- Experience effectively presenting and facilitating discussions with senior-level executives.
- Experience effectively leading and aligning cross-functional team discussions on topics with a high-level of uncertainty and ambiguity while using influence to drive alignment and consensus.
- Oil and Gas experience is preferred but not required.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.