Job description / Role
The ICT&S department provides consultancy to the Property, Rail & Infrastructure Sectors within Atkins. The department has a regional remit and is currently working on projects in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman and the UK as well as in the UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi).
The department is now expanding on the back of new business won and this is expected to continue growing steadily.
Successful applicant will provide leadership of IPND site installation teams which will be embedded with vendor installation units (Installation Services) for sites across the region. Main focus is on the delivery in accordance with tasking instructions for the PMO/Master scheduler.
• Ability to direct installation teams (ISP/OSP/minor Civil Works)
• Responsible for reporting of timely progress status information in accordance with Programme Governance Principles
• Responsible for safe working environment and compliance with HSE & E regulations
• Knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical installations
• Production of accurate design and installation and configuration information
• Responsible for site acceptance and Technical Transfer to support regime in accordance with ITSM principles
• Must have a minimum of 6 years experience working on telecommunication projects
• Ability to operate autonomously at multiple locations
• Ability to make installation decisions in accordance with NDRs and appropriate regulations
• Ability to rapidly resolve issues locally and to exercise appropriate decision making discretion
• Ability to liaise with other regional and local authorities
• Ability to operate at a fast pace
• Escalation of issues that cannot be resolved locally to Rapid Response Team for urgent action. #SF
• Telecomms roll-out - must have a min of 6 years experience
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• 22 working days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).