Job description / Role
A Multinational engineering firm specializing in delivering infrastructure consultations, planning, designing and construction management for a variety of projects: Transportation, buildings, energy, water and the environment.
The Electrical Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for leading document reviews related to the commissioning program, construction site inspections and system testing. They will also be required to properly document all work activities completely and legibly.
Duties of the Electrical Commissioning Engineer will include both office work and construction site work as well as require supervision of assigned Commissioning Engineers. Although the current project is a major tower building project, the Commissioning Engineer will then move on to a variety of other projects ranging from residential and commercial to institutional and infrastructure.
Key responsibilities of the Electrical Commissioning Engineer include:
- Implementing the Testing and Commissioning Program for the Electrical discipline
- Applying the company commissioning approach and philosophy to on-going projects
- To be aware of business opportunities with current clients both in terms of new work and current contract changes in scope
- Understanding and applying the project contract to the execution of the work
- Utilizing the master commissioning document library for creation of project specific inspection checklists and test forms under the guidance of a Commissioning Manager
- Understanding and applying the project Commissioning Plan in the execution of the work
- Independently conduct commissionability reviews of project documents
- Independently conduct construction progress inspections
- Independently conduct commissioning inspections and execute commissioning tests based on documented procedures
- Identifying system conditions that are abnormal, to determining their cause, and to recommend corrective actions
- Executing work in a manner compliant with the project budget and schedule
- Performing all other activities as required of a Commissioning Engineer
It is essential that the Electrical Commissioning Engineer has the capability to implement a Testing and Commissioning Plan, Method Statements, Testing and Commissioning Procedures, Data Sheets, Testing Criteria, Testing and Commissioning Reports and/or validate or invalidate testing and commissioning results for this discipline.
The Electrical Commissioning Engineer will have complete understanding of codes and standards regarding Testing and Commissioning requirements for cabling, earthing/grounding, generators, HV/MV/LV Electrical Distribution systems and panels, transformers, UPS systems, Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), lighting and lighting controls, batteries and charging systems, over current protection devices, metering and relaying, power monitoring systems, energy management systems and other related electrical systems, controls and devices.
Key requirements of the Electrical Commissioning Engineer include:
- At least 13 years of experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Extensive prior experience in testing and commissioning on high value building projects
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Electrical Engineer
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Commissioning Engineer - Mega Project
Electrical Design Engineer