Job description / Role
We are Signify, formerly Philips Lighting.
We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
As part of this role, you will be expected to program, set up, and operate wire EDM machines, (and CNC – VMC) along with a variety of other machine tools (Tool room machineries).
This role is based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
What you’ll do
• Reading blueprints mold drawings and do precise handwork.
• Operate machines like CNC Vertical Milling Machine, lathes, and grinders, bench work, engraving, jig boring, grinding, EDM, wire cut, as well as hand tools
• Fabrication of tooling by using AutoCAD.
• Using a wide variety of precision measuring instruments
• Making custom parts for prototypes. (Make Punch and Die parts of Press Tools for sheet metal)
What you’ll need
• Diploma holder, completion of trade school preferred.
• 3-5 years minimum experience operating and programming wire EDM.
• 3+ years of hands-on AutoCAD experience (daily use)
• Experience in operating CNC machine will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of sheet metal press tools will be an advantage.
• Frequently required to lift and/or carry from 10-30 lbs. Some heavy lifting of up to 50 lbs.
What we promise
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
About the Company
Signify is the new company name of Philips Lighting. We are the world leader in lighting and provide our customers with high-quality, energy-efficient lighting products, systems and services. We turn light sources into points of data to connect more devices, places and people through light, contributing to a safer, more productive and smarter world.
Signify (Euronext: LIGHT) is the world leader in lighting for professionals and consumers and lighting for the Internet of Things. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services, deliver business value and transform life in homes, buildings and public spaces. With 2019 sales of EUR 6.2 billion, we have approximately 32,000 employees and are present in over 70 countries. We unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. We have been named Industry Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for three years in a row.