Job description / Role
The company leads in the industrial services industry; specifically in transportation and logistics industry. It provides airport services in Saudi Arabia. They are currently looking for a Traffic Control Section Manager to be based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Monitor the implementation of Traffic Control operations, covering the areas of work and ensure that the requirements are met in order to ensure their contribution to the achievement of strategic objectives.
• Assist in the development of the annual departmental budget to ensure that adequate funding provision is made for all activities.
• Manage the day to day operations of Traffic Control activities to meet organizational performance plans and objectives within established budgets and timelines.
• Ensure effective communication with all airport departments to maintain the smooth running of the operation.
• Manages employee's shifts and scheduling process to meet operational requirements round the clock, ensure optimum utilization of manpower and terminal facilities identifies operational difficulties and provide optimum solution.
• Directly engages in the resolution of common recurring problems, referring to other internal stakeholders if deemed necessary, so that customer service levels are continually improved.
• Monitor performance of key Traffic Control indicators, identify gaps, plan and resource effectively to fill them, including contingency planning.
• Ensure safety and security standards in all aspects in the operations are complied with.
• Ensure information related to operational changes, revised procedures and regulations related to the department are transmitted to personnel and implemented in a timely manner.
• Responsible for the maintenance of Emergency Response and Business Continuity plans.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of technology, process and service introducing innovation and presenting compelling business cases to Direct Manager.
• Ensures safety and security procedures are according to health and safety regulations, and according to international aviation standards.
• Manage the Traffic Control team by setting functional plans, organizing work activities, monitoring performance versus plan to ensure that work activities are carried out efficiently and in a procedurally compliant manner.
• Recommend training and development interventions for team members to build and improve their capabilities.
• Review reports submitted by subordinates and prepare final reports for Sr. Manager and relevant stakeholders, highlighting major accomplishments, issues and actions that were taken against them.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required e.g. Industrial Management, business administration and Public Administration.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years of experience in a managerial role
• Excellent multitasking skills
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering