Job description / Role
Traffic Engineer - Jazan
Ready to put your project management expertise to work on complex projects? Are you great with people and have a track record managing teams that get the job done? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Traffic Engineer with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions to various projects that enhance the fabric of our community.
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest-running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
• This position is responsible for providing traffic management and to establish traffic structure for the Operation and Maintenance Department. Requires depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging traffic engineering on the projects.
• Must be a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our JCPDI, Saudi Arabia staff as a Traffic Engineer. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your traffic knowledge of transportation to a variety of planning projects throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and company-wide.
• Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of successful Traffic Engineering of Transportation Projects. Ideal resident expert would be self-driven & capable of working independently.
• Reports to the Director of Operations and Maintenance Department, Operation Manager and the client.
• Coordinate with Engineers working on the traffic plan.
Major Activities Performed:
• Will function as lead Traffic Engineer or technical consultant working with RC JCPDI team.
• Defines traffic engineering scope of the project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating planning projects.
• Coordinates preparation of technical reports and traffic engineering progress on the project.
• Monitors work progress and conformance to technical standards and traffic regulations.
• Prepares planning and site design concepts for special clients, governmental agency or Royal Commission standards.
• Plan, design and supervise traffic engineering of varied types related to public traffic roads network and transportation.
• Recommend and provide reports to entire city traffic on engineering sides.
• Participate in meetings as well as provide the Royal Commission on traffic engineering guidance and recommendations.
• Participate to plan long and short-term goals, budget and operations for the traffic engineering.
• Direct and monitor continuously entire traffic engineering, signal plus sign shop operations.
• Conduct and oversee traffic plus transportation investigations, traffic signals, vehicles traffic and traffic studies.
• Record data as well as findings as per standards established by the Royal Commission or various KSA Transportation Departments.
• Recommend traffic safety enhancement projects on the basis of respective studies.
• Manage the development review process as well as the highway permit process.
• Ensure compliance to all department standards.
• Reviews plats as well as highway permits as needed by the department.
• Head responsibility for traffic planning as well as the program needs of the division.
• Plan, supervise and recommend traffic associated policy, initiatives and priorities.
• Candidate should hold a Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferably in Traffic/Civil or related field.
• Candidate should have a minimum of (12) twelve years of traffic engineering experience.
• Strong experience in Smart Transportation Systems.
• Road safety auditing and traffic survey experience an advantage.
• Strong technical writing and communication skills are required at this level, ideally proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
• Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an established career in traffic engineer specifically in transportation planning of traffic engineering preferably on JCPDI projects.
• Should have strong and effective communication skills in English Language in writing and reading.
• Should be able to obtain KSA Driving License.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.