Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
In the Middle East, we are working on some of the world's most iconic and complex projects. We take pride in helping our clients to realise their ambitions by offering our unique, local knowledge whilst leveraging our worldwide expertise. Our people, their expertise and the accountability we hold, for the future of our communities, make us unique.
WSP are looking to recruit Traffic & Roads Engineering Expert to join our Transportation & infrastructure team in Saudi Arabia.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
· Review and prepare traffic studies to identify solutions to traffic congestions
· Specify and supervise classified traffic survey to better identify traffic problems
· Analyse and update traffic data required to develop optimum solutions to traffic congestion
· Conduct traffic circulation study
· Conduct traffic study in order to improve adequacy and functions of signs, signals, road marking etc.
· Review and assess traffic growth rates of previous studies
· Identify design stage traffic characteristics, composition and loading of traffic
· Conduct parking supply and demand study for selected area when requested by client
· Review the road specification and make recommendation
· Develop conceptual traffic maintenance plans
· Review Contractor’s Maintenance and Management of Traffic plans during construction
· Inspect traffic management and maintenance measures implemented by the contractor
· Advise team members and client on traffic and road technical issues
· Prepare reports and make presentations
· A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent technical qualification.
· Minimum 15 years of experience in similar projects in traffic and road engineering.
· Detailed knowledge of traffic data analysis and review of traffic impact assessment studies including relevant assessment software.
We are a Great Place to Work© and take pride in attracting, developing and engaging the best professionals in our fields of expertise. We are problem-solvers who evolve, improve, modernise and excel. We know our solutions will shape the communities of tomorrow and help societies thrive sustainably. We embrace change and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Rider Levett Bucknall