Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking to recruit Traffic & Roads Engineering Expert to join our Transportation & infrastructure team in Saudi Arabia.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Review and prepare traffic studies to identify solutions to traffic congestions
• Specify and supervise classified traffic survey to better identify traffic problems
• Analyse and update traffic data required to develop optimum solutions to traffic congestion
• Conduct traffic circulation study
• Conduct traffic study in order to improve adequacy and functions of signs, signals, road marking etc.
• Review and assess traffic growth rates of previous studies
• Identify design stage traffic characteristics, composition and loading of traffic
• Conduct parking supply and demand study for selected area when requested by client
• Review the road specification and make recommendation
• Develop conceptual traffic maintenance plans
• Review Contractor’s Maintenance and Management of Traffic plans during construction
• Inspect traffic management and maintenance measures implemented by the contractor
• Advise team members and client on traffic and road technical issues
• Prepare reports and make presentations
• A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent technical qualification.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in similar projects in traffic and road engineering.
• Detailed knowledge of traffic data analysis and review of traffic impact assessment studies including relevant assessment software.
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.