Job description / Role
We are looking for candidates with experience in English - Arabic translation, in particular regarding business-related presentations, proposals and texts with topics such as market studies, business strategy, company organization, human resources, etc. The candidate must also have the ability to make English to Arabic translations directly in MS PowerPoint documents. Ideally, this experience has been gained in a business/professional services firm.
Candidates must be able to perform successfully and produce accurate results in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, client-oriented environment. Candidates must be pragmatic, high- energy professionals who have the personal and professional self-confidence to handle the stress involved in performing a role such as this. They must possess the highest levels of integrity. They must have the raw intelligence, political savvy and interpersonal skills to build relationships.
• Translate and edit business and legal and documents clearly and accurately with the highest quality.
• Produce translations directly in MS PowerPoint and complete formatting changes as necessary. These can be in-depth so an excellent working knowledge of PowerPoint is vital.
• Produce written translations of a variety of documents from English to Arabic (60%) and Arabic to English (40%) within tight deadlines.
• Attend client meetings with case team when necessary to discuss translation projects and answer questions.
• Possibly attend client meetings to provide interpretation services when required.
• Learn and develop new skills i.e CAT Tools (computer-aided translation).
• Communicate with external translation companies regarding outsourced work.
• 2+ years of translation experience (Arabic / English) within a professional services firm/fast turnaround environment would be advantageous.
• Excellent Arabic and English translation, editing and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Working knowledge of business language and thinking in English and Arabic
• Expert computer skills: Excellent MS PowerPoint skills a must, plus MS Word and MS Excel.
• Ability to prioritize actions
• Team player
• Ability to manage own work load responsibly if working remotely
• Commercially aware and able to act in the firm's best interests
• Professional manner but able to take firm and timely decisions
• Attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; clarity, tact, professionalism
• Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service- oriented environment with excellent project management skills, “gets things done”.
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.