Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Translator to provide technical and legal translation for a major project in Saudi Arabia.
• Study source text to understand the meaning and convert it into Arabic/English to convey the original meaning, spirit and feeling
• Translating tender documentation, contract agreements, exchange letters and reports from English to Arabic and vice-versa
• Aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on the business
• Use the latest translation software, to ensure consistency of translation within documents and help efficiency
• Proofreading and editing final translated versions
• Consult with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialised concepts and translate them appropriately
• Adheres to industry quality standards to ensure that all completed work follows legal and ethical obligations
• Degree level in English Language
• Highly fluent in English and Arabic, both written (reading and writing) and verbal
• Approximately 10 years of related work experience,
• Experience within a multi-disciplinary consultant/contractor would be advantageous
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.