Job description / Role
As a Translator you will convert written documents from English to Arabic and vice versa while maintaining the precise meaning of the original text. The role is based in Riyadh and will be part of our Transaction Advisory Services team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Study source text to understand the meaning and convert it into Arabic language to convey the original meaning and appropriate meaning.
- Use dictionaries and other sources to determine meanings of words and phrases and to establish their closest equivalent in the target language
- Review translations done by others.
- Translate financial statements, proposals and other reports from English to Arabic and vice-versa.
- Translate all legal documents and minutes of meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Attributes for Success
- Knows the informal policies, procedures and practices of EY
- Is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on EY.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in the English Language or translation.
- Approximately 2-3 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. Plus, we offer:
- Support coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region