Job description / Role
• Responsible for providing technically complex support and assistance in the area of fiber optic networks, MW Radio and Synchronization Network which includes providing second level technical support for network problems and faults escalated to TTAC (Transport Technical Assistance Centre) related to SDH, DWDM, MW and Synch Source Equipment by vendors (Huawei, Huwaei, Nokia,Coriant and Symmetricom & Oscilloquartz)
• Provide management support and advise management for the technical issues and decisions in the area of Transport Networks
• Provide expertise for optical TXN equipment (SDH, DWDM), Synchronization and M/W Radio related to Nokia/HUA/Coriant and Symmetricom /Oscilloquartz vendors.
• Test new feature released by the vendor for Optical TXN Equipment/Synchronization equipment and suggest S/W patches or upgrade.
• Identify bug of Optical TXN & Synch NW and co-ordinate with vendor for solution
• Recommend procedures and instructions for efficient operation & maintenance of NW.
• Recommend solutions for problems relating to design and equipment modifications, which lead to their performance improvement.
• Review and recommend modifications that would assist Network improvement
• Liaise between the contractors, Vendors and the relevant departments
• Provide technical procedure with new feature and training to NOC/MSP team
• Review and check monthly Software status for installed base equipment and recommend keeping uniform SW for all Net Work NE.
• Perform NW audit about the running NE and SW version types in the network
• Implement performance recommendation related to traffic distribution
• Technical evaluation and participation in RFP’s; provide assistance and guidance to procurement with reviewing from network operations perspective.
• Identify equipment for migration to NGN due to network changes as per demand to reduce OPEX and secure spares for re-usage.
• Provide solution to migrate services for Legacy/obsolete equipment to retrieve spare for the O & M activities
• Conduct meeting with EBU/whole sale customer for their Services/performance issues
• Conduct regular meetings with vendors to review resolution of troubles, network audits and other tasks that lead to network performance/ business objectives.
• Conduct internal departmental (MTAC/DNOC/TNOC/ANOC) meeting for the NW issue and their solution 7 remedial action
• Participate in soft PAT for optical TXN equipment (SDH, DWDM) , Synchronization and M/W Radio related to Coriant/ALU/HUA and Symmetricom /Oscilloquartz vendor.
• Review daily abnormal condition, keep track of day-to-day activities on the network
• Analyze and prepare monthly summary report for the transmission networks including recommendations for improvement of the network performance.
• Monthly evaluation of TSS certificates and governance of SLA's.
• Identify contractual delays and provide a list for exceeded cases as penalties to OPC
• Proven experience of optical TXN equipment (SDH, DWDM), Synchronization and M/W Radio related to Nokia/HUA/Coriant and Symmetricom /Oscilloquartz vendors.
• Hands on SDH, DWDM, MW and Synch Source Equipment by vendors (Huawei, Huwaei, Nokia,Coriant and Symmetricom & Oscilloquartz)
• Background of soft PAT for optical TXN equipment (SDH, DWDM) , Synchronization and M/W Radio related to Coriant/ALU/HUA and Symmetricom /Oscilloquartz vendor.
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.