Job description / Role
Our client, one of the largest 3PL and Contract Logistics company in the region is looking to hire a Transport and Fleet Operations Manager to manage their transport operations across Riyadh and Jeddah
Our client is the largest 3PL distribution company in the region
The role of Transport and Fleet Operations Manager will include, but not limited to the following:
* Manage the day-to-day operations of the transportation operations section by providing expertise, encouraging and ensuring teamwork, and aligning work processes in order to achieve high performance standards, meet established targets and objectives, and ensure employee engagement in a motivated work environment
* Lead inbound and outbound transportations for Vehicle Logistics - Nation Wide
* Design and implement transportations solutions (inbound, outbound and inter-regional) based on the current and future logistics footprint
* Optimize daily loading from all stockyards dispatching to different locations as part of the network of sales and delivery destinations
* Drive and deliver cost saving initiatives to reduce transportation cost by 15-20% from current baseline
* Establish and maintain operational KPI's to improve the supply fulfillment rate, damage percentage and transportation lead time
* Propose and implement in-house transportation fleet management strategy and reduce dependency on outsource suppliers
* Standardize and negotiates transportation rates among all current and potential suppliers
* Establish KPI's dashboard for each supplier to share feedback with all suppliers and decide monthly business share in line with actual performance vs. KPI's
* Please note that the candidate must have proven related experience in Saudi market within the same industry (FMCG or Vehicle Logistics).
* SAR 20,000 + Benefits
For the role of Transport and Fleet Operations Manager, the ideal candidate must have the following:
* Must have at least 5+ years of experience in Transport management.
* Must come from vehicle logistics or FMCG background having
* Must have hands on experience in managing a fleet size of at least 200+ vehicles (temperature controlled)
* Must be currently based in Saudi Arabia with a transferable Iqama
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Middle East Executive