Job description / Role
• The Transport Economist is responsible for preparation of economic and financial feasibility studies for road projects and multi-modal transportation planning projects for all transport sectors globally in K&A: rail, road, airports and ports.
• The jobholder will mainly be involved in determining costs and revenues for projects within these sectors, IRR, and economic & social impact assessments.
• The Jobholder shall also be involved in assessing the project’s effects on vehicle operating costs, travel time and accidents. Also prepare project cost estimates, including physical and price contingencies, taxes and duties.
• The jobholder shall conduct sensitivity analyses to gauge the impact of unfavorable scenarios on economic viability in addition to quantify the distribution of project benefits among stakeholders in each sub-project affected area.
• The jobholder shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the Transportation Planning and Economic Analysis space and represent the firm as a specialist in the professional engineering communities and international forums.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Master’s Degree in Engineering or Economics is preferred
• Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
• 15+ years of experience in Transportation Planning and Economic Analysis in a leadership position at a design, engineering and project management consultancy firm
• Strong experience in Cost-Benefit analysis, Social Return on Investment modelling, master plans and feasibility studies
• Strong experience and track record in dealing with large and complex road projects including multi-modal Transportation Planning projects
• General experience in coordinating with other engineering disciplines typically involved in Transportation Planning projects
• Exposure to global best practices and trends in Engineering and Transportation Planning industry
• Significant industry experience within the Middle East is preferred
• 15+ years of industry experience in Engineering, Transportation Planning and Economic Analysis
• Strong project management skills
• In depth knowledge of the Transportation Planning industry and Economic Analysis
• Sound knowledge of Transportation Planning regulations and design requirements
• Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
• Marketing and sales skills and track record in developing relationships with customers
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
• Proficiency in spoken and written English, Arabic is an advantage
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).