Job description / Role
A global Facilities Management Company is looking fora Native Arabic Transport Manager to join their team. Client has been hired as the managing agent on a large mixed use construction/facilities management project in Saudi Arabia.
They are looking for an experienced Transport Manager who has experience working on a construction or services project where the transport includes manpower coming on and off the project daily. This experience is non-negotiable.
* Advise the Client as to the extent of the responsibility of and extent of the transport requirement
* Advise the Client on options for Transport Management (in-house or outsourced)
* Determine the Resource Model required both options
* Develop operational budgets
* Determine the skills and resource required to support the Transport Manager to develop an in-house capability or prepare a RFP for an outsourced service
* Oversee the recruitment of key staff and allocate responsibilities
* Ensure sufficient resources are recruited to be able to undertake all transport management tasks
* Lead the team to develop a strategy
* Oversee the team in developing systems and procedures for the entirety of the responsibility
* Advise on any transport management software that may be required
* Advise upon the outsourcing options for transport
* Advise upon the vehicle ownership options
* Prepare RFP for outsourced transport service or provision of vehicles and separately for drivers
* Appoint Transport Service Providers (TSP)
* Ensure the TSP vehicles are in good condition, tested, insured and drivers properly licensed
* Through the Transport Team and in conjunction with the Client ascertain daily transport requirements
* Plan transport timings and routes
* Publicise timings and routes to concerned parties
* Manage, through the team, the entirety of the transport service
* Maintain records of vehicle movements and numbers of staff transported
* Attend internal management and Client
* Ensure compliance with local legislation
Requires minimum of 10 years of transport management experience.
Education / Certification / Knowledge:
* Bachelors degree in a related subject.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office environment including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
* Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
* Self starter who can lead by example
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proven leadership and management skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to delegate tasks and supervise others
* Great multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.