Transport Modeler (Saudi National)
Khatib & Alami
Job description / Role
Consolidated Engineering Company - Khatib & Alami is seeking to hire a Saudi National Transport Modeler to be located in Abha. In this role, the successful candidate will be located at the Client's office, and will complete tasks related to transport planning and modelling, which includes:
- Using major strategic transport modelling software packages such as EMME and Visum, including experience in model development, and experience in development of scripts and macros in these packages
- Using micro-simulation modelling programs such as VISSIM and Synchro
- Provide high quality advice to clients on transportation matters and identify innovative leading solutions to their issues
- Development of modelling scope, methodology and fee proposals and or tenders
- You will work under minimal supervision within a defined area of responsibility
- Designing, interpreting and presenting transport and travel surveys
- Interpretation of modelling results and contributing to development of area wide or corridor transport strategies
- Contribute to preparation of transport planning reports including existing conditions analyses, trip generation, junction analysis, and parking assessments.
- Assessing the transport effects and infrastructure requirements of new developments to support planning applications or to inform local authority development plans
- Developing the initial design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure
- Experience in mentorship and development of staff
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or transport planning, or similar / Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in transport modelling
- Experience in using industry software tools pertaining to traffic engineering and transport modelling
- Knowledge of industry guidelines and requirements
- Competence with Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation competency
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).