Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Transport Planning Manager to join our team in Saudi for Metro project
The Planning Manager is responsible for short and long range project planning and scheduling functions, supervising assigned professional, technical, and clerical personnel, including department staff and outside consultants, assigning work, organizing and directing the timely completion of complex reports, other written materials, and oral reports for dissemination to project management team, client, project parties and external agencies, and coordinates activities with all packages, other divisions, and departments.
Roles and Responsibilities
• This role requires leading and contributing to a variety of transport planning studies and working across multiple disciplines. This would involve the following responsibilities:
• To assist the Employer in conducting, specifying and monitoring ridership across the transit network. Assess transport demand, and plan actions to adjust predict transport capacity needs.
• Develop and review transit schedules / timetables.
• Supervise the activities of each of the O&M Contractors in terms of ridership measurement and timetable optimization.
• Technical delivery and management of small, medium and large-scale transport assignments with minimal supervision
• Working closely with Project Managers and other Atkins departmental staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, reports and plans as assigned
• Preparing high-quality written reports and technical analyses with the ability to present outcomes to concerned parties
• Advising the client and stakeholders on transportation matters
• Representing the Transportation Team whilst interacting internal client, as well as external stakeholders / statutory authorities
• Ensuring deliverables adhere to prevailing QA/QS and document management protocols and
• Application of technical competencies, as well as sharing these with junior staff.
• Must have a minimum of degree in planning or transportation and at least 10 years related professional work experience after university graduation (including 5 years in GCC)
• Must have a engineering degree from the relevant field (Bachelor Degree of Engineering)
• MSc and / or Chartered status
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
• Experience in delivering transportation projects within a multi-disciplinary technical environment
• Competency in a range of transportation planning skills including development planning principles, access control, functional planning, public transport issues, temporary traffic management, pedestrian and non-motorised transportation issues, and transport demand theory;
• Project experience in the Middle East and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards
• Experience with transport assessment, preliminary highway design and a good appreciation of transport appraisal and modelling techniques
• Practical understanding of the role and importance of transport planning in development access, citywide mobility and assisting people’s needs
• Excellent communication in written and spoken English
• Experienced in project management
• Experience in giving technical presentations to diverse and non-technical audiences
• Advanced skills and competence with Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems
• Project management and commercial competence
• Previous Middle East or Gulf experience, and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards including securing approvals from statutory authorities
• Capable of communicating in Arabic effectively, both written and spoken
• Capable of using modelling software such as Voyager CUBE, PTV VISUM, PTV VISSIM, SIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 22 calendar days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).