Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for a Transport Planning Manager to be based in Riyadh, KSA.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Using your considerable experience in transport planning across transport impact assessments for mixed use developments and the development and appraisal of transport schemes and policies embracing all modes of transport, you will provide project management on a range of transport planning studies, as well as delivering on a diverse range of technical challenges and services to clients and project teams.
- Working closely with other project managers and other planning department staff leading and supporting effectively on business development opportunities within KSA (and potentially across the region) is also an important element of this role.
- You will be responsible for delivering technical quality across a wide range of transport planning projects within KSA
- The precise role will vary according to type of project and client. In some instances you will act as Project Manager with direct project and client management responsibilities, leading a team of specialists and technical staff on day-to-day project activities. In other instances, you would be expected to provide technical support and advice to project teams. These projects will predominantly be in KSA, but contribution to other projects across the Middle East should also be expected.
- You will also have a role in supporting business development through engagement with external and internal Atkins clients and by leading on and contributing to a range of tenders.
- The successful applicant will also contribute to our process of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing relating to transport planning and policy, appraisal and transport impact assessments across the Middle East transport planning business.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
The following attributes are a necessary requirement for the position:
- Degree qualified in transport planning or civil engineering.
- 10 years of relevant experience in a Consulting environment
- An appropriate level of related post graduate work experience, including project management experience.
- Excellent experience and understanding of transportation planning, covering most of the following; multi-modal transport strategy, development/access planning, public transport issues, strategic planning, transit-oriented development, traffic management, and other urban transport planning policies.
- Professional membership of relevant institution.
- Working knowledge in a range of transport appraisal and modelling techniques such as VISSIM, TRANSYT, EMME2, SIDRA, Synchro and HCS.
- Understanding of British, American and international design standards
- Experience of business development and project financial management.
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential.
- To be able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, and within a multi-disciplinary (and multi locational) team.
- Must be familiar with working to Quality Assured Systems.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel and work across the Middle East Region.
- Project experience in the Middle East and familiarity with local trends and transport planning practices and standards.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Good experience in the development and application of transport modelling and familiarity with the packages used in KSA and the Region i.e. VISUM, CUBE, EMME.
- Capable of communicating in Arabic effectively, both written and spoken.
- Experience of working on projects in both the public and private sector.
- Experience of working on development planning projects with urban planners and landscape architects.
- Experience in bid preparation.
- Applicants should possess good commercial awareness and financial management ability
- Strong leadership and managerial qualities
- Proven team management and communication skills
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).