Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Transport Planning Specialist to join our ongoing project in Jeddah,? Saudi Arabia.
A typical week would include:
* Supervises the production of mega development's mixed-use masterplan to promote the harmonious insertion of transportation plans to ensure integration of mobility concepts in coherence with the analysed urban fabric;
* Oversees the masterplan studies related to demand forecasting, traffic and urban design to measure the impacts of and on the transportation system and modal shift;
* Having strong understanding of transportation related analyses to complete projects
* Review multi-modal corridor studies, transportation plans, alternatives analysis and operations studies
* Oversees the development of urban insertion principles of a transportation system and architectural concepts in line with identified development needs;
* Prove ability to review and guide traffic impact studies as well as all base modelling works
* Contribute as key support team member for transportation planning projects, including analysing and summarizing data, and presenting progress?
* Recommends acceptance, rejection, or modifications for proposed plans.
* Interacting with the client, teams at project meetings and building strong client relationships
* Participates in project progress and follow-up meetings with clients and partners;
* Provides technical advice, prepares periodic reports and performs any related work as required;
* Interpreting travel demand modelling and demand forecasting results to aid in development of projects and planning studies traffic volume projections
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Civil Engineering or equivalent engineering disincline e.g. Urban Planning?
* 10+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience in transportation planning
What if we can?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance?
What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs?
What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy -
We strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.