Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Senior leader leading team of EO advisors supporting TSS Business.
- Strong Leadership and Analytical skills. Experienced/Comfortable in presenting to Management.
- Strong cross Team player who can establish good working relations and collaboration in problem solving.
- Finance and/or Operations knowledge and background would be preferred. Preferably minimum 3 to 5 years experience in either profession
- Supports TSS GM in overseeing and handling all operational matters related to TSS end to end process (ie. pipeline mgmt, sales progression/closure, revenue/delivery operational mgmt)
- Process Simplification Champion for TSS. Continuously collaborate with cross function team to identify new areas and opportunities for process simplification, including implementation and execution.
- Oversee Controls and Education coordination and deployment in conjunction with relevant cross departmental teams.
- Highlight the potential business risk and identify the roadmap to business leader, plus prepare the business review deck
- Interface with WW, AP and GCG EO Teams in driving global and local initiatives.
- Train, rotate EO team members to maintain a strong, high caliber and motivated Team
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.