Job description / Role
This job is a Technician. Duties are subject to change as the assigned mentor sees fit. The duties laid out below is intended to provide the necessary skills to be a senior turbine technician.
- Carries out the maintenance and repair of various types of Gas turbine rotating equipment's such as Pumps, Gear Boxes, Compressor & turbine rotor.
- This includes the regular inspection and rectification of defective on the parts, disassembly, repair and reassembly.
- Carries out independently tensioning/ tightening of the rotor parts by using hydraulic tools. like torque wrench, Tensioners H-pump with up to 25,000 PSI
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical scope, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Exceptional, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- Align with the company Quality Policy and applicable rules and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawing and process prints.
- Working knowledge in use and function of Horizontal and vertical balancing machine.
- Working knowledge in the disassembly, inspection, and assembly of gas turbine rotor is required.
- Ability to blend and grind.
- High school diploma or Technical Collage
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a mechanical technician in a related industry.
- Crane Operator Certificate.
- Preferred: NDT level I Certificate.
- Preferred: Certified on balancing process.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software is preferred.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.