This position is closed or expired.
See other Electronics Engineering jobs
TXM Front-Office Engineer
Saudi Networkers Services (SNS Group)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The Front-Office Engineer role is to perform the monitoring activity of the transmission related Network Operation Centre (NOC). In this scope, he has the responsibility of the Network Monitoring and alarm management according to the prescribed customer’s processes and procedures and in accordance to the agreed service level agreement.
1. Customer Service Provisioning:
2. Customer Reported Problems:
• Raising trouble tickets with details from Caller (e.g. from Customer Call Center)
• Performing initial assessment of incident, classification and first level resolution.
• Following up resolution of all incidents and monitoring resolution to agreed QoS targets and service level agreement (SLA).
• Escalating to management about incidents not solved within agreed service level agreement (SLA) and QoS targets.
• Informing stakeholders on status and progress of all incidents.
• Providing incident time stamp and preliminary root cause analysis report to the line manager.
3. Network Surveillance:
• Monitoring transmission network alarms and incidents reported by network management systems, across all technologies, correlating alarms, which are due to a single failure.
• Analyzing impact of alarms or failures, defining severity level according to a pre-defined level matrix.
• Raising and updating trouble tickets.
• Performing initial assessment of incident and resolution
• Attempting to resolve simple issues, otherwise escalating to the appropriate expert pool.
• Following up resolution of all incidents and monitoring resolution to agreed QoS targets
• Escalating to management about critical problems and/or incidents not solved within QoS targets
• Informing impacted customers on status and progress
• Activates escalation processes related to network faults.
• Perform any other task as may be designated by line manager.
Academy and Education background
• Degree in Electrical Engineering /Telecommunication/Computer science /Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• 3 years or more experience in Alcatel-Lucent optical network environment, preferably in a NOC environment.
• Strong understanding of Alcatel-Lucent portfolio of optical network products like 1650SMC, 1660SM, 1662SMC, 1678MCC and the underlying technologies (SDH, ASON,DWDM).
• Has experience in real time monitoring and surveillance of customer’s networks against prescribed processes and procedures using 1353NM, 1354RM and 1354BM Alcatel-Lucent NMS suites.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Usage of trouble ticket tools and Remedy BMC for change control management and overall network fault management.
• Working in a multi-customer, multi-vendor, multi-technology environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Professional and Positive Approach
• Self-Motivated & High Achiever
• Strong Customer Relationship Management Skills.
• Team player, and able to work on own initiative
• Dynamic and Creative; Ability to assimilate quickly and act decisively.
• Ability to adhere to strict process and procedures for fault escalation management on the customer networks.
• A result focused and understands criticality of meeting customer SLA and KPI requirements.
• Is fully aware of the impact of quality services delivery to customers, and understand how this position contributes to such success.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Has the ability to assess priorities and act appropriately to meet customer commitments and requirements.
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing recruitment solutions to Telecommunication, Oil & Energy, Technology and Engineering arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams those are specialized in their assigned industry sector. Saudi Networkers founded in late 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations and their deadlines. Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies with more than 1100+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.