Ultra Tight/Tight Sand & Channel Reservoir Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a strong senior level reservoir engineer, with extensive unconventional reservoir experience to join our Unconventional Reservoir Engineering Department. Your primary role should be to provide technical strategic solutions to the development of unconventional asset. To perform well evaluation, play assessments, and generate reliable production forecasts for the Company. You should work within a multidisciplinary team consisting of geoscientists and engineers involved in the assessment and development of the specific UR assets. You will support the team with your experience in reservoir characterization and modeling, reservoir management, performance and surveillance to develop and execute a field development plan for Ultra tight and Channels sand reservoirs.
- Design and implement innovative solutions for depletion strategies, reservoir performance analysis and field development plans for unconventional resource plays.
- Study reservoir and well performance data and develop/supervise reservoir surveillance programs and reservoir management activities.
- Supervise and conduct comprehensive fracture modeling and simulation studies to identify optimal well spacing, completions design, unconventional reservoir management strategies and opportunities.
- Organize and lead multi-functional peer reviews to support and improve field development design
- Monitor operating expenses to operate and maintain wells to produce the highest volumes of oil and gas at the lowest cost.
- Prepare annual volumes and expenses for budgeting.
- Monitor and analyze well tests and production curves.
- Gather, perform calculations on and analyze data such as well tests, fluid levels, bottom-hole pressures, and decline curves to assure efficient producing and equipment utilization.
- Coordinate all aspect of new completions, especially design of fracture stimulation.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary team in planning and conducting field studies.
- Prepare requirements for well construction, develop well designs for new wells and provide technical assistance to drilling staff to ensure that each well is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide economic evaluation to support fast-paced development decisions and work closely with drilling, completions, and production teams.
- Develop and implement efficient reservoir engineering and organizational practicesProvide on the job coaching and mentoring to help develop capabilities of team members to enable them to grow technically and perform their job effectively and efficiently.
- As the successful candidate you should have a Bachelor's degree in Petroleum engineering or a related science as appropriate to the required discipline. An advanced degree is preferred and will reduce prerequisite work experience stated below by one year for master degree and two years for PhD.
- You should have 20 -25 years' experience with at least 10 years in unconventional plays including shale or tight gas/condensate or channel reservoirs, with internationalexperience in unconventional hydrocarbon basins required.
- You should have experience, or a good understanding, of stimulation programs design, open hole and cased hole logging capabilities, well test analysis (Pressure transient analysis and rate transient analysis), decline curve analysis, dynamic reservoir modeling, reserves classification, EUR predictions, well spacing optimization, will be required to support key development decisions.
- Knowledge of the following applications is required: IHS Harmony, Kappa Workstation Suite (Saphir, Topaze minimum), ECLIPSE, Kinetix, GOHFER (DFIT Analysis capabilities), Petroleum Expert, CMG, Peep, OFM, MOSAIC, PVTsim NOVA and EOS modeling is preferred.
- You must have demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle some ambiguity in analysis.
- You must have solid organizational and time management skills. Ability to work with limited data.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You must have Ability to generate Management Reports.
- You must have strong computer skills and Data analysis experience, preferably with Spotfire or OFM.
- You should have good Business Planning acumen (economic analysis, project management). Familiar with field development / economic concepts with a broad knowledge in drilling, completions, and reservoir stimulation technologies with understanding of horizontal multistage fracturing for unconventional reservoir.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.