Unconventional Reservoir Simulation Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are looking for experienced Reservoir Simulation Engineers to join Unconventional Resources Department in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia to manage some of the world's largest unconventional fields.
Our experts conduct pioneering research, introduce new technologies and provide specialized engineering services as part of our customized reservoir simulation practices.
This senior technical role requires an expert in reservoir simulation to provide expert advice and guidance to the business of reservoir simulation.This position is embedded within the Unconventional Resources Department and as a senior technical professional in reservoir simulation, will engage with leaders and experts from across the upstream business.
You are expected to be able to perform the following:
- Lead and participate in integrated reservoir simulation studies, which include data analysis, model construction, history matching, calibration and prediction
- Act as technical advisor to management regarding best practices for reservoir simulation and modeling topics particularly for unconventional resources simulation challenges
- Work closely with Petroleum and Operations Engineers to generate, monitor, and ensure execution of short-term and long-term data gathering plans for their field (well tests, production logging tests, formation pressure data, etc.)
- Utilize petroleum engineering software pertaining to well test analysis, material balance, production logging, nodal analysis.
- Apply special simulation modeling techniques such as fracture modeling, compositional, PVT modeling, coupling surface and sub-surface modeling, and complex well and smart completions.
- Study and propose alternatives to optimize field development and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from new and mature fields.
- Provide expert mentoring, training and teach in-house technical courses to develop young engineers.
- Represent Saudi Aramco in external technical contacts with consultants and vendors, and participate in technical societies and groups.
Education & Experience Requirements
- As a successful candidate, you should hold a Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, geophysics or physics. MSc or PhD is desirable.
- You must have a minimum of 15 years intensive experience in the area of reservoir simulation in both conventional and unconventional fields. A training history of appropriate specialized courses and seminars is expected. Technical publications are valued but in-depth practical experience is paramount.
- You should have unconventional reservoir simulation experience
- You should have the ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and to communicate ideas clearly with specialists in reservoir characterization and geologic modeling, petro-physical evaluation, core analysis, reservoir management, and production engineering.
- You must have extensive working knowledge of standard vendor applications for pre and post processing of simulation data.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.