Urban and Master Planning Manager
The Red Sea Development Company (TRSDC)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
The Urban and Master Planning Manager will be responsible to support in ensuring that the masterplan development projects within the RSG portfolio - including AMAALA projects – assigned to him/her, adequately consider and achieve the vision, expectations and objectives as directed by management.
- Implement the annual Development targets and the strategic agenda of the Urban Design and Masterplanning function to deliver RSG’s vision and mission.
- Ensure this strategy is translated into comprehensive masterplans / regional plans / guidelines and monitor the development of those plans through the different stages of the project to achieve functional objectives and deliver the company’s strategy.
- Ensure that all work is carried out efficiently, in line with the strategic project management plans, policies and procedures.
erve as a role model to ensure awareness and commitment to TRSDC vision, mission, values, fundamentals and corporate strategy to establish a highly engaged and motivated human resources, and continuously improve performance.
Urban and Master Planning
- Support in the management of master planning and urban design tasks across the masterplan portfolio assigned (masterplan assignment can go up to two running simultaneously), including overseeing the implementation of best practice urban design in the individual masterplans/ regional plans / guidelines.
- Successfully support in the implementation of urban design principles and solutions established through company vision and strategy for any new project or through existing approved masterplans and Board directions.
- From time to time, prepare the development of test fits of land use masterplan options using CAD and graphic design software. This includes internal testing of new ideas, optioneering, benchmarking studies and presentations to management without the need of external consultants.
- Support the line manager in the establishment of the project vision and brief.
- Provide input and prepare consultant briefs and Scopes of Work for issuance of requests for proposals and consultant appointments.
- Conduct technical evaluations and prepare reports as directed by the line manager.
- Assist the line manager to oversee and manage the daily activities of the masterplan consultants.
- Organize and manage meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and update presentations as required.
- Support the line manager in alignment of the proposed urban design and masterplan solutions to the requirements of the development brief; schedule; applicable codes and standards, guidelines, sustainability, and brand standards. Leverage the skills and knowledge of the external design consultants and internal teams to drive an innovative value optimized solution.
- Support the line manager in coordinating masterplan-level design reviews for the project and provide feedback, design suggestions and alternatives to assist in meeting the team’s goals for the project.
- Assist the Line Manager in the management of consultant contract.
- Assist the Line Manager in providing relevant consultant teams with guidance, information, through meetings and workshops.
- Assist to resolve issues related to masterplan design and guidelines when required in order to meet project targets for scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Participate in necessary development and design-related workshops pertinent to the assigned projects.
- Prepare project presentations including development and design updates in order to ensure project progress and proper internal communication are achieved.
- As required assist and prepare Board presentation for masterplans approvals.
- Assist in providing project progress status in order to communicate key project issues/progress, risks, and required actions.
- Contribute to the identification and tracking of design and development issues, decisions, action items and solutions to ensure effective and compliant design delivery.
- Perform any other related duties or assignments as directed by the Line Manager.
Policies, Systems, Processes, Procedures, Standards and Reports
- Follow all relevant functional policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions to ensure that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and timely functional PMIS statements and reports to meet corporate and functional requirements, policies, and standards.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Apply safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures, and controls to ensure employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of department’s systems, processes and practices considering ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Job Stakeholders (Relationship)
Internal : Development, Architecture Design, Construction, Environment, Building and Places, Finance
External : As required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Urban Design or Urban Planning;
- Min. 5 years’ experience in urban design and master planning of large-scale and high-profile developments
- Willing to move to Saudi Arabia
- Proficient in the following software;
- Adobe pack software (Photoshop, illustrator & InDesign)
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Sketchup – preferred
- GIS - preferred
- Leadership Competencies
* Problem solving
* Core Competencies
- Communication and good coordination skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Technical presentation skills
About the Company
The Red Sea Development Company (TRSDC) has been incorporated as a closed joint stock company, wholly owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).
The company has been established to develop and promote a new international luxury tourism destination that will set new standards for sustainable development and bring about the next-generation of luxury travel. The project was announced in July 2017 and is one of the three Giga Projects aimed at diversifying the Saudi economy in keeping with the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision.
The development will offer unprecedented investment options and provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the five untouched treasures of the west coast of Saudi Arabia; the archipelago of over 90 islands with stunning coral reefs, dormant volcanoes and untouched nature reserves.
Project Manager - Architect/Urban Planner
Project Controls Manager
|Tabuk - Sharma||10 Jan|
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jan|
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jan|
Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
|Saudi Arabia||29 Dec|