Job description / Role
Nursing and Midwifery
Perioperative/ Theatre Adult
To apply for this post you should hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand Passport. Professional Connections is contracted by our client to recruit from these territories only.
Our Client hospital in Jeddah is a 500 bed JCI accredited acute care hospital providing state of the art medical care for the population in the Western Region of Saudi Arabia. Jeddah is one of the most popular locations in Saudi Arabia, a cosmopolitan city with a population of 2 million, excellent shopping, international cuisine and a multicultural workforce.
Medical Services at the hospital include: Anaesthesia & ICU (ICU, PICU, Cardiac ICU, NICU, Cardiopulmonary Services, Oral & Dental Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Medical Imaging , Medicine, Renal Dialysis Unit, Obstetrics & Gynaecology , Paediatrics , Surgery, Oncology, Home Health Care Program, Outpatients Dept. and Al Iskan Clinics situated off site.
In addition, it promotes and advances an understanding of diseases prevention amongst the population.
Recent projects include:The Cardiology Centre, Nursing College at King Saud University for Health Sciences, Out patient clinic centre, Grand expansion to all Emergency Room facilities, Grand expansion to the Oncology Centre, Founding the Bone Marrow Transplantation Centre and Burns Unit.
Unit Description: Operating Theatre
Hours of Operation:24 hours a day seven days a week.
Current Scope of Service:
To provide nursing care for patients prior to and during surgical and invasive procedures including both elective and emergency procedures. There are currently 7 operating rooms serving the needs of both adults and pediatrics
Monthly Number of Cases = 700 in Average
OR department is committed in implementing the 6 International Patient Safety Goals
• Identify Patients Correctly
• Improving Effective Communication
• Improve the Safety of High Alert Medications
• Ensure Correct-Site, Correct -Procedure, and Correct Patient Safety Surgery
• Reducing the Risk of HAI
• Reduce the Risk of Patient Harm Resulting from Falls
Major Functions with Volumes of Service:
• All elective and emergency surgery including trauma, orthopedic, neurosurgical, general surgical, thoracic surgical, ophthalmology, ENT, vascular, gynecological, urological and pediatric surgical as well as oncology.
• Generous Tax Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated.NEW! Increments for years of experience and for post graduate education.
• One year renewable contract. If you renew for a second year you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
• Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public holidays)
• Free fully furnished western accommodation.
• Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge. Gym, tennis +++
• Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
• High speed internet.
• Free healthcare.
• Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of contract.
• Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
• Registered Nurse with current Nursing license - E
• Diploma/ Degree in Nursing (Western standard) - Essential
• A minimum of two (2) years current clinical experience in specific area of practice - E
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.