Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for Wet & Dry Utilities Inspectors in KSA (remote location) with experience in any of the following:
- Coastal & Inland Roads
- Marine Infrastructure & Causeway
- Temporary Utilities (RO Plant, Water Distribution)
Preferably with Transferable Iqama or a Saudi National
- To implement all aspects of the quality management systems and site supervision activities provision related to the Civil / Infrastructure Works across the project, perform inspections to deliver quality installations in accordance with the contract documents, relevant international standards and local authorities' requirements.
- Handling projects independently and successfully from start to completion
- Carry out inspections of all construction activities in accordance with specifications and approved shopdrawings
- Oversee on a day-to-day basis the contractor's work on site to ensure compliance with specifications
- Coordinate with contractor site team
- Prepare daily progress reports
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Considerable drainage design experience
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages like EPANET, WaterCAD, MicroDrainage, InfoWorks, SewerCAD, StormCAD
- A sound working knowledge of the latest design standards and codes
- Experience in Project Management and Bid Preparation
- Experience of managing, supporting, mentoring and developing more junior team members
- An ability to multi-task and be self-starting in new business environments
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).