Job description / Role
This position for a fixed 1 year contract.
Are you a self-starter with a passion for e-commerce, looking to expand your retail skillset and shaping the way the biggest brands work with Amazon?
Amazon is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Amazon attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Responsible for the end to end process of placing the POs, sharing the POs with vendors and Fulfillment Centre Supply Chain teams to manage the delivery dates
• Ensure the POs meet the required approvals according to the company financial approval matrix
• Follow up with vendors to confirm on the submitted PO quantities, and ensure orders delivery at the assigned date & time
• Ensure weekly POs receiving in FC per category is aligned with the weekly forecast with minimum variance
• Work with various internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and vendor management workflows.
• Work on key system inputs to achieve highly automated replenishment
• Assist on vendor operational improvement (stock updates, efficiency, fill rates, lead times), systematic forecasting, efficiency improvement with vendors and within the fulfillment centers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Procurement/Operations discipline
• 1/3+ years of experience in retail, operations, consulting and/or finance, with history of owning/driving results
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel
• Detail oriented
• Arabic and English language proficiency both written and verbal
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience leading process improvement, systems development, and project management
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.