Vetting Officer Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a highly competent Chief Engineer with an STCW III/2 Chief Engineer Unlimited License , from a recognized marine academy or nautical college, to serve as a Chief Engineer in our Quality Assurance & Compliance Unit (QA&CU).
Successful candidates will be responsible for the compliance of Marine Department regulations, instructions and guidelines for both Saudi Aramco owned and Saudi Aramco contracted Marine Department vessels.
The Quality Assurance & Compliance Unit (QA&CU) ensures the safe operation of vessels that support numerous Saudi Aramco departments, which include, but are not limited to Terminal, Producing, Drilling & Workover (D&WO), and Industrial Security. Every vessel that works in the Saudi Aramco offshore concession areas is inspected by a QA&CU chief engineer. QA&CU conducts all Marine Department vessel on hire inspections to ensure safe operation in Saudi Arabian concession areas and in addition to Marine, QA&CU conduct all vessel-on-hire inspections for the Offshore Projects Department, which, when combined, is a significant number of vessels per year. QA&CU has teams that operate permanently out of Ras Tanura and West Pier, and frequently sends QA&CU Chief Engineers to Abu Ali Pier, Juaymah Pier, Duba, Jeddah and Jizan. Ensuring vessel and personnel compliance with regulations, instructions and guidelines ensures that every aspect of oil and gas operations offshore is conducted in a safe manner from supporting surveying, drilling, production and finally the export of oil and gas. In addition to this, the security of Saudi Aramco and Saudi Arabian assets is supported by ensuring safety and compliance for offshore security operations.
The work schedule will be 42 days on/21 days off, with Company paid travel and vacation.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be required to perform the following:
• Conducting vessel inspections such as on hire inspections, safety inspections, return to service inspections as well as industry best practice inspections such as OVID.
• Evaluating and monitoring contractor engineering officer acceptance, ensuring adherence to industry best practices and conducting incident investigations.
• Ensuring compliance to company instructions, recommendations and findings.
• Incident investigation and recommendation close-outs.
• Vessel breakdown verifications.
• Maintaining and reviewing the Department's safety management systems.
• Maintaining and reviewing the Offshore Manual.
• As the successful candidate you will hold an STCW III/2 Chief Engineer Certification. A degree or diploma in marine engineering is preferred.
• You must have a minimum of eight years of experience in the offshore oil and gas industry and at least two years working as a Chief Engineer.
• Experience with international marine regulatory body requirements, classification standards, marine engineering practices, specifications and rules is also required.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships and work effectively in a team.
• You must be able to communicate fluently in both oral and written English.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.