Job description / Role
Vice President IT (Group Company/Transport) in Riyadh, KSA
• Lead the IT function to develop and implement a forward-looking strategic plan focused on delivering technology solutions that align and solve for the business needs.
• Overall responsibility and accountability for the people, processes, and technology that make up IT infrastructure, applications, data security and cybersecurity
• Ensure technology infrastructure is reliable, maintainable, scalable, flexible, and secure
• Define, execute, and deploy the technical strategic roadmap for new technologies and architectures including end-to-end implementations to increase automation and improve efficiencies throughout the organization.
• Evaluate key industry and technology trends and provide thought leadership to the enterprise on the use of emerging technologies; ensure the IT team is engaged on current trends and developments.
• Lead the strategic planning and implementation of a data management and governance program.
• Identify and manage strategic vendor and partner relationships with a focus on cost savings options that reduce overlap or redundancy.
• Develop and maintain a continuous 3-5 year data and information strategy including data architecture and data democratization tools and policies.
• Oversee the strategic direction of the enterprise infrastructure organization including data centers/hosting, networks and telecommunications, desktop and devices, helpdesk, service delivery, information security, and shared applications.
• Drive technology infrastructure and production services towards an efficient, responsive and reliable internal delivery organization focused on service and cost while aligned to business segment priorities and requirements.
• Oversee the development of enterprise standards and technology architecture, technology evaluation, and the IT governance process.
• Lead the planning and project management for the migration and replacement of technology hardware, operating systems, and networking platforms, as needed.
• Apply advanced technology knowledge and skills in assessing technical requirements and develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity.
• Monitor best practices to ensure the company is externally competitive and aligned with its internal business needs.
• Develop and oversee effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity program goals.
• Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event.
• Model the highest standards of business professionalism; lead the training and development of team members through coaching, motivating, and mentoring on company culture, business goals, fiscal responsibility, and sound business judgment.
• Lead the recruitment and retention of a diverse team of IT professionals; create accountability and ownership among team members through communication of clear expectations, supervision, and timely performance feedback.
• 20+ years of multi-discipline IT experience, with an emphasis on, applications, cyber security and infrastructure in a multi-state or geographically dispersed environment; a minimum of 10 years leading a team to achieve performance results.
• Proven experience building a service-oriented organization.
• Demonstrated experience planning and directing IT efforts to improve operational efficiency, service delivery, and information management across multiple business lines and technology platforms.
• Experience with contract and vendor negotiations, and an expertise in negotiating complex contracts and managing vendors, including design and tracking of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Proven success managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously with demonstrated ability to appropriately allocate resources and adjust to changing circumstances; ability to balance long-term assignments against daily responsibilities.
• Proven success analyzing key business issues and identifying the root cause of business challenges.
• Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical concepts into impactful statements for a variety of audiences and levels of sophistication.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds and at all levels of the organization, including effective conflict resolution.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Technology - Perm and Contract
Vice President - Global Offices Technology Manager
|Saudi Arabia||4 Feb|
Information Technology Manager
Al Asala for Education and Training