Job description / Role
VP Operations and Maintenance Transportation Group in Riyadh, KSA
• Manage strategy, objectives, performance, efficiency, employee satisfaction for Operation & Maintenance dept.
• Prepare Annual budget for operations and maintenance and review with President.
• Build/manage strong team of Regional and Area Managers
• Manage entire operations and maintenance activities across KSA.
• Provide leadership & support to regional & area management teams
• Develop budgetary requirements for optimal operations & maintenance domain and align with President for approval.
• Recommend President on solutions to all roadblocks, continuous enhancement initiatives
• Collaborate/build business relationships with VP Sales & VP Planning & Performance
• Ensure engagement and smooth communication channel between regional managers, area managers, shared services business partners and health & safety coordinators.
• Oversee processes, digitization and employee satisfaction across all facets of operations and maintenance; fleet management, service delivery, preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Ensure policies, rewards and benefits for all operations & maintenance staff
• Align with planning & performance dept. on fleet allocation, performance review criteria, and metrics
• Guide regional/area managers process and target compliance
• Ensure policy for fleet, plant and equipment operating life and depreciation
• Monitor fleet performance, cost per kilometer, down time, empty trips, maintenance / repair cost per truck, fuel consumption per kilometer to analyze the feasibility of acquiring new trucks and selling aging assets
• Ensure trainings including HSE conducted
• Oversee maintenance workshops management and equipment
• Supervises plan and implementation of preventive maintenance program
• Keep Sales and Planning & Performance department in loop
• Ensure compliance to maintenance and repair SLAs for trucks
• Engage with management and relevant departments to manage fleet selection, fleet acquisition, fleet assignment, fuel management, fleet security and disposal of fleet.
• Oversee implementation of accident management procedure to protect asset, drivers and third-party.
• Ensure appropriate and fair investigation is conducted to identify the root cause
• Monitor implementation of insurance policy to protect company’s spending, assets and drivers.
• Develop/implement policy/procedures for inbound/outbound operations, core transportation & logistics value chain
• Ensure trucks all well maintained, optimal routes are allocated
• Supervise development and implementation of optimal fleet management and order fulfilment solutions/systems for sectors across customer segments i.e., petroleum logistics, general logistics, key accounts, government entities, special projects. etc.
• Participates in meeting/visits to support Sales team re fleet management and service delivery
• Sign customer proposals comprising technical/fleet when customized service/requirement, unique, higher volume of goods and no. of trucks, special support is required
• Support service development committee designing new logistics service/package for regular and premium customers.
• Review, monitor and report order fulfilment achievement versus received customer orders
• Submit material (truck parts and consumables) demand to supply chain department
• Direct regional / area managers re registration and licenses of all vehicles to be in line with regulations.
• Ensure registration and licenses are cancelled/deactivated once asset is sold/disposed.
• Develop and enhance operational excellence strategy aiming at cutting costs, enhancing fuel efficiency, maximizing fleet utilization, minimize OPEX and maximize operating profits.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, business administration, transportation or operation management
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• 18 years of experience as operation & maintenance VP, Director and Senior Director in large multinational or local logistics, transport or fleet Management Company.
• Significant experience in large local or a multinational company managing functions at executive management level.
• 15 years of experience in supervising and managing complete operations of fleet, service delivery and maintenance.
• Training & certification in fleet management, logistics, supply chain, maintenance, planning & performance.
• Experience working with senior management, CEOs & Presidents
• Able to develop profitable strategy, implementing objectives and targets.
• Can manage operation, maintenance and service delivery functions in large-scale transport/fleet/logistics company
• Extensive knowledge of transportation and logistics industry or sector in a large local or multinational organization.
• Able to develop operational strategies & plans, service delivery models and maintenance programs.
• Excellent understanding of applicable regulation such as MOT, AOT, Municipality, EH&S, etc.
• Manage implementation of planning, digitizing fleet management, order fulfilment, and maintenance modules
• Proven managerial and leadership skills to build cohesive and collaborative teams.
• Steer efficiency initiatives for operations and maintenance to enhance operating profits.
• Familiar with collaboration of Sales, HR, Planning, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Environment, Health & Safety, etc.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.