Job description / Role
VP Planning & Performance Transportation Group in Riyadh, KSA
• Establish mechanism to develop plans for fleet operations and maintenance in line with short/long-term strategies and objectives align with roadmap and vision
• Ensure plan in accordance with business requirements re all aspects of fleet operation and maintenance
• Fleet forecasting
• Capacity management, utilization, availability,
• Quota management
• Preventive & corrective maintenance
Support VP O&M to:
• Strategize productive operation & maintenance solutions/systems
• Plan/optimize operating model & procedures for operations, maintenance & core transportation value chain
• Manage KSA kingdom wide fleet pool planning based on the customer requirements and sales forecast ensuring fleet availability per regions/areas, and recommend all vehicle procurement actions as required
• Develop/oversee implementation of plans for fleet scheduling, rout and carrier selections
• Ensure planning coordinator:
• Deployed in regions/areas re fleet plans, oversee/report utilization and availability on daily basis
• Own/manage active list of pool of fleet (kingdom wide) on regular basis
• Map region & fleet pool with region wide requirements to ensure optimal utilization and availability
• Develop methodology, guidelines and criteria for carrier
• Selection of equipment and vehicle type to be implemented by operations team
• Own/manage region wise Quota allocation for current customer quota assignments & additional quota requirements
• Ensure regular reports are sent to Key clients including quota and list of registered / unregistered customers
• Develop mechanism for daily internal Booking of assigned quota re Customer demand management & interactions with Client for loading and dispatch readiness to avoid potential demand expirations.
• Establish measurement/review criteria & metric to assess performance of operations and maintenance
• Define detailed methodology and measurement parameters to review performance of operation function, covering:
• Fleet Planning, Fleet Utilization
• Fleet Performance, Fuel efficiency/Km,
• Fleet availability, Fulfillment effectiveness, non-revenue trips, etc.
• Define detailed methodology & measurement parameters to review performance of maintenance function, covering:
• Maintenance Downtime
• Maintenance Cost/Km
Preventive Maintenance compliance, etc.
• Ensure deployment of performance coordinators to regions/areas to assess/report fleet operation and maintenance
• Review report submitted by coordinators on overall operation and maintenance performance across regions and areas
• Analyze operations performance and recommend improvement measures aimed towards revenue generation, enhanced operational performance and customer experience
• Develop methodology to assess cost per truck within acceptable limits and report cost
• Review and report order fulfillment versus customer orders and recommend sales and operations functions
• 18 years of experience as a Planning & Performance Director/VP/GM in a large multinational or local logistics, transport or fleet management company.
• 10 years of experience supervising and managing teams responsible for assessing business requirements, developing operational plans and performance reporting
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in business and/or project management or a related discipline
• Excellent Arabic and English, interpersonal, communication & presentation skills.
• Prior experience in working closely with CEO/President or executive management
• Experience in developing profitable strategic plans and performance assessment programs.
• Training/certification in planning & performance management, Fleet operations, Logistics, Maintenance, or transport operations field
• Extensive knowledge of transportation and logistics industry or sector in a large local or multinational organization
• Thorough understanding of business strategies, customer/business requirement planning methodologies
• Familiarity with diverse business functions - planning, operations, maintenance, service fulfilment / delivery, service assurance, customer relation and demand/quota management and ability to build plans and performance criteria
• Outstanding organizational and leadership skills that drives cooperation and involvement.
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
• Challenge driven and result oriented.
• Leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||5 May|
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|
Operations Director - Facility Management
|Saudi Arabia||3 Feb|