Job description / Role
Our client, a local company who distribute luxury goods, beauty products and fragrances requires a Warehouse Manager to manage warehousing and distribution operations in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the main purpose of the position is to ensure productivity and service level targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly.
Role & Responsibility
• Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the
primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and
establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals.
• Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping.
• Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short and long-term performance goals.
• Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics.
• Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
• Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics and floor productivity.
• Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed.
• Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyse, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention.
Suitable candidates will have a BS degree in logistics, supply chain manager with proven work experience of 3 to 5 years as a Warehouse Manager in FMCG and luxury / retail would be preferred.
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures (WMS) and best practices
• Proven knowledge in eCommerce and Last Mile Delivery
• Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
• Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
• Leadership skills and ability to manage and grow staff
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with all levels of company staff
• Excellent communication skills
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.