Job description / Role
• The Warehouse Supervisor should be responsible for ensuring efficient, accurate and timely warehouse operations.
• These operations include receiving, storage, order picking, shipping, inventory management and warehouse facility (space) management.
• The warehouse supervisor must lead a team in a very busy environment, must have excellent organizational skills, attention to details and able to multi task.
• To supervise the warehouse team for timely and efficient completion of day-to-day activities such as Goods Inward, Order preparation, Dispatch, Product manipulation and Housekeeping.
• Evaluate daily workload, Plan and allocate work force to complete daily objectives.
• Supervision of product put away strategies in WMS
• Supervision of product pack keys in WMS
• Plan, Organize and review daily tasks of shift Team leaders.
• Ensure that the shift reports are completely filled and information passed to the next shift.
• Ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
• Maintain a high level of accuracy on stocks and ensure damages are kept to the minimum.
Human Resources & Assets
• Ensure that the working environment is pleasant and cooperative.
• Proper and effective communication of information from the management to the shop floor and vice-versa.
• To motivate and lead the team to ensure logistics objectives are achieved.
• Conduct Team briefing, on the Job coaching & performance feedback to staff
• Plan with warehouse manager the staff annual leave.
• Identify and recommend staff training requirements
Equipment & Assets Management
• Ensure resources like storage space, manpower and equipment are efficiently utilized.
• Ensure Machinery, equipment, consumables and other resources and properly planned, used and well maintained.
Quality, Health & Safety and Environment
• Strictly follow standard processes, procedures and work instructions. Also promote adherence to procedures by your staff.
• Close analysis, promotion and identification of areas for improvement within company’s Quality Management System per ISO 9001 standards
• Report all incidents, of any nature and however caused, to their immediate superior completing all necessary documentation promptly and accurately.
• Ensure that workplace health, safety & environment requirements as per OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
• To maintain a high quality image throughout the operation at all times.
• University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years experience in Supply chain management
• Manners and Attitude
• Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Overall Contribution
• Ability to work under pressure
• Concern for quality
• Quantity of Work
• Dependability & responsibility
• Quality of Work
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.