Job description / Role
We are looking for a Design Manager to lead multidisciplinary design delivery. We want a great communicator who can integrate well and see beyond the standard approach to design delivery.
Reporting in to the Sector Director, key responsibilities will be:
- Managing project delivery
- Production of design schedules to be integrated into integrated D&B Master schedules and management of allocated staff teams and report on design progress
- Setting budgets for the detail design of projects in conjunction with the Discipline Team Leaders, typically MEICA, Process, Structural, Geotechnical, Architectural and associated CAD services.
- H&S requirements incorporated into designs
- Project management on a variety of engineering projects including detailed design with requirement for scoping and feasibility at times
- Undertaking technical work, including reviews and design, on a variety of projects for the water sector and ensure the Design team contribute to the Commercial Risk Register.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualification within Civil or other equivalent engineering qualification with a civil bias and should be a Chartered Engineer.
- We may consider other disciplines if project experience of design delivery is suitable.
- Significant experience of working in the Water Industry, particularly Wastewater Treatment Works and Water Treatment Works
- Experience of managing project teams with strong project team leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Financial management and robust commercial and consultancy awareness
- A track record of winning and delivering engineering projects
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills – able to coordinate and motivate a multi-discipline design team to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a D&B environment, able to liaise closely with construction teams.
- Experienced in producing detail design schedules (Primavera preferred).
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel proficient.
- Role will primarily be based in Dubai
- Must be prepared to travel and work out of other offices when required
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).