Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to add a Watson IoT Technical Sales Professional whose main role will be to lead the pre-sales technical engagement with prospects, customers, IBM business partners and IBMs sales team with in-depth domain, product, solutions and/or technical product expertise covering IBMs Watson IoT Maximo portfolio.
You will apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. IBM has vast relationships with companies both large and small making this position highly visible in the market as well as the IoT industry. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Leadership on Watson IoT solutions. This includes active engagement with clients and prospectsâ€”mapping complex business and technical solutions across Watson IoT/IBM capabilities and the client environment/business objectives.
- Client discovery, delivering tailored solution demonstrations for key client stakeholders
- Supporting responses to RFPs (request for proposals and RFIs (requests for information)
- Creatively prescribing solutions to help solve business problems
- Communicating these proposals at any level of the business required
- Contributing to Opportunity Identification activities support our Watson IoT Sales Team primarily and work closely with Client Executives, Client Technical Leaders, IBM Business Partners and our Global Business Services (GBS) organization to help drive customer opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in Enterprise Asset Management Software Pre-Sales
- At least 2 years experience in Analytics: either statistics or data mining or predictive analytics
- At least 3 years experience in IT Expertise- database or data management
- Experience within one or more of the following industries: Retail, Distribution, Healthcare, Energy/Utilities, Industrial, Financial
- English: Fluent, if working from QC province, French skills needs to be fluent
- Able to maintain an advanced understanding of the Enterprise Asset
- Management platforms, Internet of Things (IoT) technology ecosystem, IT to OT Convergence, Building Management Systems (BMS), Collaborative
- Lifecycle Management (CLM) tools, Agile Framework for Software
- Development, Analytic technology (R, Phython, IBM Watson Data Studio) and Data Science Tools.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Lead by example in all activities. Lead in a manner that enhances IBM's climate and business results.
- Enterprise-level business selling and consulting skills working in a senior capacity.
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis of customer's business and technical requirements and develops clear definition of the appropriate solution including; operational benefits, value benefits, scenarios and value proposition.
- Capable of developing and maintaining product demonstration systems and assists other areas of the company in development of product demo systems.
- Lead and participate in solution architecture discussions.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate.
- Creative problem solver and open to change.
- Ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environments
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.