Job description / Role
This job is a welder. Duties are subject to change as the assigned mentor sees fit. The duties laid out below is intended to provide the necessary skills to be a technical Welder.
The selected candidate must conform to all safety and quality requirements and comply with all current policies. This candidate is expected to go above and beyond and lead by example. Job Duties:
- Perform welding activities for repair of Gas Turbine parts according to WPS.
- Perform repair activities on Gas Turbine parts according to work instructions.
- Diploma or Technical college degree or equivalent 3 to 7-year experience.
- Good working knowledge on GTAW process and shall have valid welder qualification certificate from current employer.
- Experience in welding of Stainless steels, Nickel base alloys, Cobalt base alloys using TIG welding.
- Ability to read and interpret part drawings and process prints.
- Work closely with or without Supervisors.
- Ability to read and communicate in English.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.