Job description / Role
The Welder fabricates and assembles metal structures and equipment through the use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools
As the Welder, you will:
- Weld metal products , particularly Carbon and Stainless Steel piping up to 18\" , as specified by blueprints, diagram, or work order, welding procedures or oral instructions using electric arcwelding and TIG welding equipment.
- Obtain specific electrode or rod as per specification and deposit metal to work piece as per
- Manually guides electrode or rod along weld line, maintaining length and speed of movement to form specified bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld and size of molten puddle
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical positions
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes
- Preheat work piece using hand torch when necessary
- Position and clamp work pieces together as required
- Tack assemblies together as required
- Be required to be qualified to custom and/or government standard test to meet certification standards
- Important variations include type of metals welded, products, sub-processes, high production or custom
- High School Diploma / GED
- Graduate of an accredited welding program OR a minimum 2 years of industrial / construction or related commercial welding experience
- Residente in KSA with transferable Iqama.
- Experience in Carbon and Stainless Steel Pipe Welding
- Work closely with or without Supervisors
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.