Job description / Role
This job is a technical apprenticeship. Duties are subject to change as the assigned mentor sees fit. The duties laid out below is intended to provide one with the necessary skills to be a technical advisor or to be a mechanical lead in the shop in the future.
The selected candidate must conform to all safety and quality requirements and comply with all current policies.
This candidate is expected to go above and beyond and lead by example.
• Weld four materials (308IIA-S / Hastex IIIA-S / Nimonic 263 IIIB-S / Nozzle Alloy L605 VII)
• Repair of combustion gas turbine components, Combustion Liner, Transition Piece and Fuel Nozzle.
• Dis-assembly and assembly of gas combustion gas turbine components
• Perform dimensional inspection and Combustion Liner and Transition Piece
• Proficient in measuring dimensions using all types of Micrometers
• Proficient in measuring dimensions using all types of Verniers
• Prior working knowledge of welding gas turbine components.
• Experience dealing with tools and measurement equipment.
• Basic principles of gas turbine operation.
• Knowledge of EHS and quality required in manufacturing operations.
• Residente in KSA with transferable Iqama.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years working in welding
• Ability to read work instruction
• Willingness to change daily work schedule on short-notice in order to meet business needs
• Certified on cranes, fork-lifts, and welding
• Preferred be able to read, write, and communicate in the English language
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.