Welder Cum Mechanical Technician
Innovative Foods Company
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Core Purpose of Job:
• To maximise the operational availability and efficiency of all Process Control System(s) by executing all Planned Preventive Maintenance programs. This will also cover fault finding /troubleshooting and subsequent corrective action on unplanned stoppages in a safe and efficient manner.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
1. To execute Planned Preventive Maintenance tasks for the Processing Plant Machineries and Utilities
2. To do the Welding Work, Fabrication Works with Safety
3. To do fault finding and troubleshooting of any faults in the processing machineries and Utilities equipments and take corrective action.
4. To document all the actions taken against notification.
5. To ensure compliance of Quality procedures by meeting site targets for continuous improvement, within his department.
6. To have full understanding of equipment manuals and spare part specification.
7. To ensure full implementation of Safety Systems and safe practices of work and continually practices this with his department team.
8. To repair and replace the bearings, chain feed system, pneumatic system, hydraulic system and packing machineries
1. Executed Preventive Maintenance Programs are per the company & supplier standards.
2. Welding and Fabrication
3. Faults are identified and corrective action taken in the agreed maintenance duration.
4. All information on records is up-to-dated and accurate.
5. Quality audit results.
6. 95% understanding of the equipment manuals, technical data and spare parts specs.
7. All subordinates have updated ITPs.
8. Safety audit results are as per company standards.
9. Repaired & replaced bearings , chain feed systems, pneumatic system, hydraulic system and packing machineries are operation
1. Executing Planned Preventive Maintenance programme as assigned in a timely and efficient manner.
2a. Welding and Fabrication works (Stainless Steel and other metals work) as and when needed
2b. Finding Fault/ troubleshoot on breakdowns and taking necessary and timely corrective action.
3. Completing all documentation and filing it accurately, ensuring non-conformance forms are
communicated to Superior.
4. Operating duties in a safe and competent manner and reporting immediately any unsafe or defective
equipment or practices.
5. Ensuring safe systems or work and work permits are in place and followed.
6. Conducting duties hygienically, effectively and within the specified Quality Standards.
7. Liaising with all necessary personnel, including but not exclusive to, Maintenance Technicians, Production /Quality is required.
8. Liaising with opposite shift Maintenance Technician to ensure detailed hand over.
9. Identifying cost reduction opportunities and report to superior.
10. Attending team briefings suggesting improvements and workable solutions to team performance.
11. Obtaining detailed knowledge of relevant Process Control Specifications.
12. Maintaining required standard of Housekeeping in designated area.
13. Maintaining assigned tool kit reporting and problems immediately to superior.
14. Assisting the training of assigned staff.
15. Following specified Store procedures for equipment and spare part issues and return.
16. Conducting all duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures as specified in the
manufacturer recommendation and /or Quality System.
17. Carrying out the following duties in line with laid down procedures and standards.
18. Maintaining and repair Processing / CIP control system
19. Maintaining and repairing all Utilities machinery and packaging
20. Maintaining, repairing and calibrating all instrumentation as per Quality System.
21. Assisting in commissioning of new systems.
22. Assisting in electrical modifications to plant.
Job Dimensions (Quantifiable job features – E.g. Volumes handled, Revenue and budget size, No. of subordinates, No. of Suppliers, No. of Customer’s served, Variety of functional areas handled):
1. Responsible to maintain the Processing Machineries and utilities equipments in the Processing Plant.
2. To ensure operational availability of machinery & equipments so as to achieve daily planned targets.
3. To assist in minor projects for continuous improvement.
4. Subordinates – Nil
5. Functional Areas handled: Planned Preventive Maintenance of all Machinery and Equipment in the Processing Plant.
1. ITI Certification in Welder / Mechanical through recognised apprenticeship system
1. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University or Institute and five years experience in Food / Poultry / Meat industry in a similar position and written, spoken English.
Essential responsibilities executed (Generic Description)
1. 3-5 years’ experience in Food Processing and Utilities equipments
2. Experience in Pneumatic, Hydraulic control system and automated machinery
3. Experience in Packaging Machineries
Desirable responsibilities (Generic Description)
1. 5-7 years’ experience in Food Processing and Utilities equipments
2. Be able to check both Electro-Mechanical systems.
3. Be able to utilise designated special tools and equipment, diagnosing equipment
4. Be able to read technical data and manuals especially wiring diagrams, PLC, operated Control Systems
Competencies (Technical, Operational, Managerial, Human & Cultural Requirements):
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude:
1. Systems and people oriented
2. Communication skills
3. Computer Literate
5. Satisfactory Aptitude
6. High tolerance /handle work pressure
About the Company
The foundation of Innovative Foods Co. was laid down back in 1992 when the restaurant industry was at its fancy stage in Saudi Arabia and international restaurant brands were just starting to penetrate the market.
Saudi young entrepreneur's university graduates successfully conceived and launched a restaurant concept namely 2in1, it was the success of the 2in1 restaurant brand that led them to explore more opportunities like the untapped market potential in the shawarman sandwich category.
It was clear from the initial brainstorming sessions that consumers love the most popular Arabic sandwich - shawarma, and we need to do is to elevate the experience in terms of consistent quality, variety in flavors, and a clear and hospitable environment for customers to enjoy their favorite sandwich. Shawarmer as a concept was conceived in 1999 and, as the phrase goes "the rest is history......"