Job description / Role
Welding Teacher - ITQAN
The primary purpose of this job role is to:
Provide high quality teaching and access to learning. Teaching Welding Engineering (Inspection) It is expected that the post holder will contribute to course design, development and review of the Welding Engineering (inspection) provision, sharing best practice and ideas for improvement where these are identified.
The primary duties, tasks and responsibilities of this job role are to:
• Deliver inspirational teaching and access to learning for all students on programme.
• Provide teaching and assessment opportunities in line with the relevant awarding body requirements to promote access to achieving English Language.
• Prepare and adapt teaching materials including teaching aids, digital resources, learning resources, hand-outs, assignments, booklists and assessment papers, to enable all students to progress, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders across the college.
• Prepare Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans that reflect student need and address the requirements of the syllabus in a creative way.
• Undertake the necessary administrative tasks required for the effective operation of programmes in the area.
• Demonstrate consistently effective classroom management techniques that are student centered and promote achievement, this will include both laboratory and classroom delivery.
• Check regularly that learning is progressing to meet the relevant milestones throughout the programme, leading to students successfully achieving their full potential.
• Display sound knowledge and understanding of the subject area.
• Track and review student progress and maintain student records.
• Provide feedback on student progress to the Head of Department.
• Maintain accurate records of class attendance and adhere to all College Polices relating to Student Attendance and punctuality.
• Ensuring appropriate Learning Plans are developed for all students.
• Participate in the recruitment, admission and induction processes of new students.
• Attend promotional events to publicize the College.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with other team members and college managers.
• Attend and Participate in team, department and college meetings.
• Participate fully in curriculum development activities, the development of teaching resources and new course initiatives.
• Advise on resource requirements for effective implementation of programmes
• Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner.
• Accept the shared responsibility of all colleagues for student discipline consistent with the Student Code of Conduct/disciplinary Policy.
• Maintain personal research and professional practice in own specialist area for own personal professional development.
• Lesson / classroom observations and action planning for improvement.
• A minimum of three years’ teaching experience, preferably in an adult environment.
• Vocational teaching and training.
• Ideally experience teaching in Middle East.
• At least 3 years employed in industry particularly the oil and gas industry.
• Employed in a technical maintenance environment would be advantageous.
• Evidence of dynamic and innovative teaching practice.
• Ability to engage and inspire learning and promote student achievement.
• Willingness to share ideas and develop teaching resources collaboratively.
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion.
• Knowledge of, and commitment to, effective safeguarding of students.
• Knowledge & ability to demonstrate an understanding of course structures, lesson planning, along with different learning styles and teaching methods.
• Excellent communication, organization skills.
• A passion for people and the challenge of taking them on a journey.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Teaching qualifications Cert. Education / PGCE.
• Ideally Verifiers (V1) and Assessors (A1) qualifications.
• Ideally a degree in a relevant discipline but other degrees with a technical background may be considered.
• Craft qualification City & Guilds / BTEC.
• Fluent in verbal and coherent in written English.
• Effective presentation and interpersonal skills both in delivery of subjects to students and communication to senior management
• Welding technology – Arc including TIG, MIG,MAG and MMA.
• Inspection Equipment / tools – Magnifier glass, Fillet gauge
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
About the Company
Interserve Learning & Employment provides first class skills, education and employment services to help break down barriers to prosperity. Our ever expanding team offers flexible, tailored support to teenagers and adults from all walks of life, including school leavers, employees who seek career development and anyone who, through illness or changing circumstances, has been prevented from completing their journey into work. With our help, tens of thousands of people a year embark on training or jobs, which has a positive impact on wider communities and local economies.