Job description / Role
Overview Reporting to the supply chain Manager, the purposes of the role are:
• To undertake safe loading and discharging of various cargoes through the use of various plant equipment. The cargo will be taken from vessels to sugar warehouse.
• Coordinate with raw sugar purchasing department to ensure a fluid shipment of this supplier and avoid all kind of suppliers claims.
• Coordinate with raw sugar officer to verify cargo weight and define location to comply with batch rules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate heavy plant and machinery to achieve the safe and efficient handling of cargo. Equipment to include loading shovel, hopper, conveyors, heavy fork lift truck and materials handler.
• To be able to operate new and additional equipment as required to meet customer and operational requirements. This will include the operation of quayside and mobile harbor cranes.
• To co-engage in the safe movements of cargo in storage areas, warehouses and on vessels.
• Comply with and assist in the development of Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work and ensure that all duties are undertaken in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
• Provide assistance in the operation of the weigh system and record and compile other administrative information associated with cargo movement as required.
• To undertake cleaning tasks and general maintenance duties associated with the efficient operation of the port.
• Undertake duties to aid compliance with licences for cargo handling.
• Have proven experience in the same a job.
• Must also possess excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to multitask and priorities work.
• Previous experience and knowledge of Ports, Warehousing or Logistical operations.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to include face to face and via telephone.
• Ability to operate heavy plant and machinery including but not limited to, Loading shovel, hopper and conveyors or have the willingness to be trained.
• Ability to work as a team
• Ability to work flexible hours
About the Company
Durrah is developing a state-of-the-art Sugar Refinery in King Fahad Industrial Port in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia with a capital of 1.2 billion Saudi Riyals.
About 300km north Jeddah at west-coast of Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea, a 150,000 M² occupied by Durrah Sugar Refinery located in King Fahad Industrial port with 18 m direct deep wharf within the industrial city of Yanbu. Durrah Sugar Refinery is designed to process a minimum of 2,500 Mt / day of raw cane sugar into white refined sugar.
The construction of the project is commencing in 3rd quarter of 2015 with targeted construction period of 22 months, while commercial production will commence in the 2nd quarter of 2017.
Durrah Sugar Refinery will produce high quality white sugar in different sizes targeting retail and industrial segments.
|Saudi Arabia||29 Apr|
Logistics / Yard Operations Leader - Saudi National
British Company with an Expanding Office in Dubai
Warehouse Manager - 3PL Operations
|Saudi Arabia||8 Apr|
|Saudi Arabia||2 Apr|