Job description / Role
Job Description Summary:
The Generator Winder, will have technical knowledge and experience working with GE / Alstom / O'OEM large Generators . He/she is responsible for the on-site repair as a Winder you will perform complicated operations involving the inspection, repair, replacement, installation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical components in turbine Generators with emphasis on the Generator Stator and rotating Field.
As a Winder you will:
- Perform mechanical disassembly / reassembly of generator rotors in high quality and timely fashion - (to include removal and installation of coupling, fans, retaining rings, blower hubs, wedges, blocking)
- Perform major and minor repairs on Generator Stator ( End winding Repairs / Full stator Rewinds / Wedging / Applying Chemicals / RTD connections / High voltage bushing replacement and all other related repairs )
- Perform this work using drawings, work procedures or work orders with minimal supervision
- Braze either by torch, carbon or induction
- Perform all electrical tests and inspections
- Troubleshoot electrical or mechanical issues
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with large Generators ( Air cooled / Hydrogen Cooled ) stator and/or electrical component winding
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites in MEA region and globally.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime to include off-hours, weekends and holidays
- Experience performing electrical testing
- Apprenticeship card from state certified apprenticeship program
- Associate's Degree or Trade School Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with generators and rotors
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with assembling/ disassembling end bells / retaining rings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience brazing either by torch, carbon or induction
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.