Job description / Role
Al Rammah is a well-established company specialized in exclusive textiles and expanding to offer high-end custom made garments for women. Within this exciting growth, we are currently looking for motivated individuals who will join our design studio and complete the team with their passion, skills, and expertise.
As the team’s tailor, you will show an extensive range of skills and knowledge related to sewing womenswear garments, from the simplest pieces to more complicated and structured designs. We are looking for someone who is specialized in a cocktail, evening and bridal gowns. You will be working closely with the pattern maker and the designer to ensure that all pieces are being executed in the best way in terms of quality and respecting the given deadline.
- Experienced tailor with extensive experience in evening gowns, bridal gowns, tops and skirts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sewing high-end womenswear garments. A diploma is preferred but we are open to candidates with solid work experience who have the knowledge and confidence we are seeking.
- Good knowledge of different fabrics and knowing which techniques and finishing is best adapted to each fabric type. Can work with all sorts of fabrics including sensitive ones like chiffon, organza and lace.
- Very precise and detail oriented, giving attention to quality and beautiful finishing of the garment inside out
- Extensive knowledge in finishing, including machine interlocking and finishing by hand when required for a couture quality. Also knowing how to best integrate whale boning and cups when required. Some dresses will also require that you sew individual beads/crystals or embellishments onto the dress, either by machine or by hand.
- Willing to show perseverance, patience and quick problem-solving in challenging situations
- Work well within a team and always looking to give your best and to help other team members
- Be willing to stay occasionally after regular work hours if a dress needs to be delivered in order to respect the given deadline of dress delivery
- Be willing to bring positive energy and attitude to the team
About the Company
A leading textile company in UAE.