Job description / Role
Working capital management in the MENA region is charged with helping our partners to deliver exceptional client service whilst taking care of the firms own cash and liquidity. We are looking for exceptional cash collection specialists to join this new team to resolve overdue accounts, working with engagement teams and with clients directly to resolve overdue AR by coordinating resolution of disputes that are delaying payments; by progress chasing invoices through customer approval and payment processes and by escalating problematic cases .
This is an opportunity to join a new team and to help achieve outstanding cash-in results in the MENA region. We are looking for someone who has a passion for cash collection, the communication skills to influence many different stakeholders and the intellectual curiosity to want to find out why things have gone wrong and what we can do about it.
Your key responsibilities
Managing a portfolio of client accounts:
• Interacting with invoice approvers in the client organisation, often face-to-face, using your influencing skills to overcome obstacles to receiving payments and using your problem solving skills to try and build sustainable solutions to removing those obstacles
• Interacting with client Accounts Payable (‘AP’) departments to progress chase invoice approvals and payments; using telephone contact and emails;
• Monitoring payment arrangements to ensure adhered with and escalating any non-conformance by client through the client AP organization and through the internal engagement team hierarchy
• Negotiating with clients to reduce delays imposed by their internal working capital decisions, policies, approval bottlenecks and other causes of payment delays
• Dispute management: Logging and progress chasing of invoice disputes internally; supporting root cause resolution through knowledge sharing with upstream activity owners and developing root cause resolutions to internal lead time issues and invoice quality issues
• ‘Know Our Client’ routines: Maintaining up to date records of our clients invoice approval and payment processes; working to align internal and external processes to ensure accounts receivable are minimised
• Process and ways of working development: constantly seeking better ways of working across the client engagement-to-cash lifecycle and working with engagement teams to help improve their processes and practices
• Client AR account servicing: Tracking delivery of invoices to clients, progress chasing engagement teams and recording status in
• Collect tool; generating customer statements, copy invoices, etc; generating payment requests where customer payment processes/local practices dictate
• Supporting timely allocation of customer payments, working with engagement teams an Finance; working with those AP departments around account reconciliations
Skills and attributes for success
• Negotiating skills & Collections skills: Ability to effectively communicate with clients face-to-face, by telephone and by email to achieve a successful outcome; Active listening skills
• Problem solving mindset: Able to constructively challenge existing approaches; Ability to influence local teams, internal functions and client organizations
• Organization & Prioritisation skills
• Numeracy, MS Excel / SAP
• Good knowledge of collections systems and tools
• Appropriate language skills
To qualify you must have
• Graduate or higher degree in finance, business or related field
• 5 + years of finance experience, with particular emphasis on working capital, credit risk, billing and collections
• For internal candidate a knowledge of our engagement lifecycle with a deep understanding of our billing and cash collection processes
• Unparalleled drive to identify root cause issues and support remediation efforts, through a relentless problem-solving ethos
• Knowledge of KSA government agencies and how they work, specifically around approval and payment of invoices
Ideally, you will also have
• Ability to influence cross functional teams, process owners and local leaders
• An understanding of service offerings in a professional services environment
• Experience of deploying new tools and ways of working into remote teams
• Experience of continuous improvement methodologies and leveraging them in a dynamic environment
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine great technical skills, with a passion for problem solving and great collaboration, influencing and listening skills. It is important to be able to thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality. You must be able to work within a matrixed organization, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders. You must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, make complex decisions and overcome obstacles autonomously.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region