Job description / Role
• Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour
Allocation for day to day operations.
• Instruct workshop supervisor to communicate between service taker (driver/sales/dispatch) and auto.
• Workshop staff to eliminate inefficiency and comeback repairs.
• Ensure the proper diagnosis of defects in vehicles, and apply approved techniques in remedying defects.
• As well as estimates repair time and inform to the service taker.
• Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Engineering Manager and Concern Manager. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
• Ensure adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
• And ensure consumable and required parts are ordered for each job.
• Ensure all materials and labour resources used are recorded to each and every job card.
• Maintain up-to-date progress on each and every vehicle under maintenance / repair.
• Inspects repair work of subordinates and makes road tests to check performance after repairs and overhauling.
• Trains and instructs new employees in all aspects for maintenance of vehicles.
• Plan the periodic preventive maintenance of the vehicles.
• Plan and direct the work of subordinates, making efficient use of the staff and vehicle parts including consumable such battery and tyres etc.
• Minimize the cost of vehicle maintenance.
• Arranging daily, weekly and monthly report for manpower utilization, vehicle maintenance, and new vehicles and for spare parts and consumables.
• Ensure the proper use of spare parts and consumables.
• Work to improve the productivity of the department.
• Ensuring that workshop equipment/tools are is properly maintained in a safe working condition
• Overseeing the service technicians’ activities to make sure safety and quality procedures are followed
• Review work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
• Assist E.M to plan and prepare annual budget for the department and facilities, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
• Follow up closely during implementation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical / Automotive or related field
• 5 year of experience managing an automotive workshop
• Strong analytical, communication and inter-personal skills with administrative competence vital for this role.
• Extensive Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs.
• Computer literate with a solid understanding of Microsoft applications.
• Ability to advise service takers on the required jobs in a timely, professional manner
About the Company
One of the Al-Hussein and Al-Afaleq Group of Companies
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Plant/Workshop Manager - Tunnel Project
|Saudi Arabia||18 Jul|
|Saudi Arabia||24 Jul|
|Al Ain||21 Jun|
Quest Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||7 Jun|