Job description / Role
Under general supervision, responsible for the overall direction, coordination, operation, and success of the New Braunfels Recreation Center; assures that safe and appropriate recreation programs are provided for the community.
• Manages the recreation center programs staff and activities to meet the community needs; directs operations, evaluates and analyzes issues, and recommends and implements solutions; provides leadership to assure that recreation programs are in alignment with the City's strategic objectives and within budget constraints.
• Plans, organizes and manages City recreation facilities and programs, including aquatics, fitness, membership, sports and recreation programs, and special events.
• Analyzes community needs, and develops plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures to effectively and efficiently deliver recreation center programs and services to the City residents.
• Plans and manages resource allocations; assures efficient operations and cost-effective practices; manages the collection, analysis and reporting of operational, budget and financial data; analyzes future needs and forecasts resource requirements.
• Strives to achieve or exceeds financial targets including revenue, profitability, and expenses. Uses data effectively to strategize against challenges and seek growth opportunities.
• Develops and maintains a high performing team through relevant and effective coaching, training, performance management, planning and staffing decisions.
• Supervises the hiring, supervision & evaluation of Fitness Center staff, Aquatics staff, building maintenance staff, floor staff, customer service staff, group exercise instructors & personal trainers.
• Monitors and reviews trends in public recreation operations and management issues, and recommends improvements in the City recreation programs.
• Works closely with recreation organizations, community groups, vendors, and regional sports and recreation associations to enhance City programs and facilitate community participation.
• Supervises and delivers fitness and wellness programs and services to members and prospects to drive membership and build client relationship
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Dental Insurance
• Employer-Paid Accidental Death Insurance
• Employer-Paid Dismemberment Insurance
• Employer-Paid Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Medical Insurance
• Supplemental Life Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Program
• Deferred Compensation Programs
• Texas Municipal Retirement System
• Military Leave
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Leave
• Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation, Business Administration or a related field.
• Five year’s experience managing recreation and community services program; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• First Aid and CPR certifications are required.
• Certified Park and Recreation Professional is preferred.
• Valid Texas driver's license required
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation, Business Administration or a related field; AND five year’s experience managing recreation and community services program; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• First Aid and CPR certifications are required.
• Certified Park and Recreation Professional is preferred. Required Knowledge of:
• City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
• Regulations and standards governing the maintenance and operation of recreation, fitness, and aquatics facilities.
• Program planning, development and management practices for municipal recreation services.
• Planning, design and development trends in recreation programs and sports facilities.
• Principles and practices of administrative management, including personnel rules, cost accounting, budgeting, and employee
• Local community resources and regional community services programs.
Required Skill in:
• Interpreting and applying recreation standards and City policies and procedures.
• Analyzing recreation program issues, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Interpreting customer needs and solving customer service and public relations issues.
• Monitoring operations and assuring recreation facilities are properly and safely maintained.
• Supervising facilities maintenance and program management activities.
• Assessing community needs and developing solutions.
• Collecting data, preparing special reports, and effectively presenting program information.
• Evaluating and interpreting program results and performance outcome measures.
• Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with City employees, vendors and community organizations.
• Supervising staff, and delegating tasks and authority.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment and in recreation facilities.
• May be required to work immediately before, during or after an emergency or disaster.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.